Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you know James Randi?

Offered 1 mio Dollar but money was never fetched

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Million_Dollar_Paranormal_Challenge

The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challenge was an offer by the James Randi Educational Foundation (JREF) to pay out one million U.S. dollars to anyone who could demonstrate a supernatural or paranormal ability under agreed-upon scientific testing criteria. A version of the challenge was first issued in 1964. Over a thousand people applied to take it, but none were successful. The challenge was terminated in 2015

Reactions: 1 user
The speed of light in a cable is instantaneous in my book. A trillionth of a second or whatever.
As EEs we have to deal with it all the time. The relationship between an antenna's length and its resonant frequency is highly dependent on the propagation velocity along the line. Same thing for stub-tuned transmission lines. You want to sell your own brand of snake oil to unwary readers, or try to get things right?

>>>Those are perfect examples logical fallacies, (1) appeal to authority and (2) examples that are irrelevant to the issue being debated.

James Randi was my buddy, I was featured in five count ‘em of his weekly newsletters. blush! A friend of mine was in the process of negotiating the million dollar challenge for the Intelligent Chip with Kramer of Butthole Surfers fame but negotiations broke down. Michael Fremer of Stereophile magazine was also a target of king of pseudo skeptics for million dollar challenge for high end cables but that didn’t work out either.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.