Funniest snake oil theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just don't believe your eyes, as you saw some of my test results.

Yes, I did. And the problems with your test setup have been patiently explained to you again and again, by people who are far more knowledgeable. And people with far better test setups (and the skill to use them properly) showed that your results were spurious.

At this point, either you still believe in your "results" validity, despite the inability of anyone to replicate them, or you are cynically using that sort of nonsense as part of image promotion. My view on which has changed in recent months.

A lot of the real work has to be done in the area of making conventional audio equipment extremely robust in the face of the "other factors" - I spent much time grappling with this over the years, and have to say that I've found no easy answers - the engineering has to step up quite a few notches, in the intrinsic implementation - and who is going to spend the money?

The DIY crew of course..

Probably me, when my analog test equipment measured differences in cables.
No, you found an error in your equipment.

Here is one example of Malcolm Hawksford's opinion on wire linearity. This is from 'THE ESSEX ECHO'.
Oh geeze, here we go again with that loss stuff. He really should revisit that and do the math and theory correctly..you know, like including the inductance of a magnetic wire.

Why has MH refused to answer criticism from, in some cases, highly competent physicists and engineers? Our own jn has shown that his test setup was flawed and the results wrong.
John Atkinson apparently duplicated the test and found nothing as well.

Believe what, SY? I am the one who has recently invested in new test equipment (with my own personal money) as I hope to resolve some of these questions. You just don't believe your eyes, as you saw some of my test results.
Then repeat your silly cable tests with better equipment. I've already offered to help you do it right this time..

jn

I hope I am not under sentence of death, like Galileo was 400 years ago, IF I don't 'recant'. '-)

No, the relevant emotion is pity. Bruno did, in fact, prove you wrong. jn explained why. I personally witnessed that your results on re-measuring with your old equipment were different than your original measurements, but repeatable for the setup on that particular day, consistent with jn's explanation.

Since you're not dumb, the conclusion is obvious.

I will not recant what has not been PROVEN wrong.

You have been, John. When Bruno's measurements, which made it more than 20dB BELOW yours, showed absolutely no sign of the distortion products in your "measurements." You get that? None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. They were just a phantom of your poor test setup and execution.

I hope I am not under sentence of death, like Galileo was 400 years ago, IF I don't 'recant'.

I find it absolutely disgusting when you wrap yourself in Galileo like this. You have it completely backwards, John. You're not Galileo. You're the church. You need to keep your blind followers believing, even after Galileo (or in this case, Bruno) has shown just how mistaken you are.

You're the one claiming the sun revolves around the earth.

se

Status
Not open for further replies.