Really mad at work today... :cuss: - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th March 2013, 05:23 PM   #11
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Once again I would agree on your conclusions based on the information I have posted in this thread alone.
Well yes that is all I have to go on.

With the current info I would think that your shift boss is afraid you might take his job because you are more capable.
Old 11th March 2013, 05:24 PM   #12
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMFahey View Post
Your capacity to do damage is huge, even by inaction, so you are just a ticking bomb, waiting to explode.
I have a very smart fellow working for me whom I'll refer to as Eddie. The standing joke here is, "If Eddie ever got Tourette's, how would anyone know?"
Old 11th March 2013, 05:43 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bas Horneman View Post
Well yes that is all I have to go on.

With the current info I would think that your shift boss is afraid you might take his job because you are more capable.
He does not have to worry about that, it is an ungrateful job, more pressure for working overtime, and you have to deal with people like me. I need more time for my audio projects and my family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
I have a very smart fellow working for me whom I'll refer to as Eddie. The standing joke here is, "If Eddie ever got Tourette's, how would anyone know?"

Where I come from swearing and cussing is like a form of art. I can hardly use regular words here without people reacting to my dialect. Really miss the days in the fishing industry, very vibrant language. Think I would enjoy conversing with "your" Eddie.

Last edited by KaffiMann; 11th March 2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11th March 2013, 06:39 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Anyway...

Since I already got this thread here, might as well ask people to post their moral alignment (think d&d rpg or equivalent).

There is: Lawful - Chaotic - Unlawful
And: Good - Neutral - Bad

A lawyer protecting a drug syndicate would be Lawful Bad. Most proper policemen would be Lawful Good. A street thug might be either Unlawful Good, Unlawful Chaotic, or Unlawful Bad.
I would probably fall into the Chaotic Good category, giving precedence to Good above following laws or regulations.

Also:
Any good detailed electronics books to recommend? last friday I ordered: Switching Power Supplies A - Z Second Edition by Sanjaya Maniktala. 768 pages of smps goodness.
BARNES & NOBLE | Switching Power Supplies A - Z by Sanjaya Maniktala | NOOK Book (eBook), Hardcover

Last edited by KaffiMann; 11th March 2013 at 06:51 PM.
Old 11th March 2013, 06:51 PM   #15
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
I see lots of assterisks in your post, I presume the forum is responsible for putting some of them in.
Could be, the auto sensor removes the word even when we go to look at it in it's original form so we wouldn't know.
Quote:
That last sentence was a test to see if it does such substitution within a word.
It won't selectively remove letters, just words.
Old 11th March 2013, 06:55 PM   #16
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Really miss the days in the fishing industry, very vibrant language.
Yes, the roofing industry offers a similar amount of added colour, I've noticed. I just write it off as having to wait so long for their Ph.D's to pay off.
Old 11th March 2013, 07:04 PM   #17
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaffiMann View Post
Where I come from swearing and cussing is like a form of art. I can hardly use regular words here without people reacting to my dialect. Really miss the days in the fishing industry, very vibrant language. Think I would enjoy conversing with "your" Eddie.
We have our way of talking in the lab and it would embarrass sailors.
Old 11th March 2013, 07:15 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

**** the ****ing ****ers. Try and get another job. Keep your chin up.

Chaotic, good.

Digital and Analog Communication Systems - Leon W. Couch II - ISBN 0-13-571845-7

http://www.couch.ece.ufl.edu/Book-8E...Couch8thEd.pdf
Old 11th March 2013, 08:36 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by counter culture View Post
**** the ****ing ****ers. Try and get another job. Keep your chin up.

Chaotic, good.

Digital and Analog Communication Systems - Leon W. Couch II - ISBN 0-13-571845-7

http://www.couch.ece.ufl.edu/Book-8E...Couch8thEd.pdf
Yeah, well I'll just keep at it. No sense changing jobs, better to just up the pace and work it out. Show him my back in the "work-race". The commute time is very short and the pay is ok. Is it just me or is society growing "colder"? I find there is less room for people these days, all about the numbers. Very certain the various "reality" shows are not helping peoples relation to gossiping and *** licking.

Thank you for that book tip, seems interesting, covers many topics.
Old 11th March 2013, 09:22 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

We don't really want to be like "House", but IT people used to get away with that; almost expected to be a bit odd. A nerd is often really a high-functioning borderline aspergers misfit. We all want to be "out-standing", but management prefers "in-fitting"

Just keep your shoes and image shiny, because the manager who can't tell good work from bad has nothing else to go by.

Hide this!Advertise here!