Awaiting "Snow-ma-geddon" - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th February 2013, 02:54 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

We wound up with 12 to 18 inches of light fluffy stuff -- which means the rhodendrons and piries japonica aren't going to get damaged.
Old 26th January 2015, 01:26 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Part Deux -- the Essex County Sheriff's Office notified by blast phone call that the 2015 Snow Emergency will be in effect from 4:00 pm tomorrow until Wednesday.
Old 26th January 2015, 12:27 PM   #13
flg is online now flg  United States
diyAudio Member

Funny how these old threads resurface every so often. LOL
Old 26th January 2015, 02:39 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
Projections are I'm in the dead center.

Deja vu ?!
Old 26th January 2015, 02:50 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Only fitting that we were skating right through winter without snow and now 'SNOWPOCALYPSE'.....jeep just got fresh rubber, it's gonna be awesome!!!
Old 26th January 2015, 03:12 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Send some my way. We could use a foot or 3.
Old 28th January 2015, 01:53 PM   #17
gvasale is offline gvasale  United States
diyAudio Member

In the most recent snow dump area, so much for global warming.

I didn't get hit like Lununberg, Ma which is listing 36" on the tube this AM, but I got plenty...close to 24." Drifting & plows are now the problem and figuring out where to put the stuff.
Old 28th January 2015, 02:33 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

We didn't get as much as the TV said we would, no surprise there. The local Ford store has plenty of new cars in stock.....you can choose any color you like as long as it is white.

The snow stopped yesterday, and the Chrysler dealership cleaned off the row of cars along the main street, but the Ford dealer did not. The lot is still covered, and it doesn't even look like anyone has tried to blow it off. It's 12 degrees outside with no wind.....it isn't going to go away by itself.
Old 29th January 2015, 04:54 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
. . . The snow stopped yesterday, and the Chrysler dealership cleaned off the row of cars along the main street, but the Ford dealer did not. . . .
Should I turn you into the DIYAudio Forum Police for making a political statement about U.S. (Ford) versus European (Chrysler) management styles? (Or is it about worker productivity?)

Dale
Old 29th January 2015, 05:19 PM   #20
diyAudio Member

I guess I am busted, because I have a Honda? I don't know, it was just an observation.....which continued today. I went to the gym this morning at 7AM to beat the onslaught of Snowpocalypse part III as the local TV put it. They promised sleet and freezing rain starting at 8AM. So did the Weather Channel APP on my iPad. It is now 1PM and I am not even wet yet. In defense of the TV weatherman, it does look like the northern tip of the state (in their viewing area) has been covered by ugly stuff all morning.

My morning trip to the gym takes me by the Ford store before it opens. Today most of their cars in the lot are still snow covered. I didn't go by the Chrysler store.

Hide this!Advertise here!