sumthin to think about - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th December 2012, 02:48 AM   #11
freax is offline freax  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
To choose to be free one must first be free to choose.
A problem I come across quite often in Australia is that there is no choice, if your father was a coal miner you will be a tradesman.

Another issue I come across quite often is one of trust, if someone wants something from you they will be very trustworthy up until the point when they have got what they wanted, then they ditch you.

And if you ever talk to someone here they:
1- Not believe one word that you say, especially if you are under the age of 40.
2- Call the police and get them to harass you and threaten you just because they think you are lazy or scum because you are poor, Bash the **** out of you or get their boyfriend to do it.
3- Throw you in jail on suspicion alone if you have an argument with a female, even if you've never been violent in your entire life.
4- Conjure up elaborate lies and tell everyone your secrets.
5- Be helpful only when it is advantageous to them.
6- Steal anything that isn't tied down.
7- Drive like a maniac even when there is no reason to.
8- Steal from your bank account at any chance that they can.
9- ASSUME that they know you and ASSUME the worst even if its rediculously stupid, just so that they can hate you because they can.
10- YELL all of the time, aussies love a good YELL, its their way of communicating in the workplace or in the home.
11- "Take the mickey" out of you even if your cat just died, infact taking the mickey out of you BECAUSE your cat died is considered to be funny.

I've also wasted my entire life in TAFE trying to learn when instead of telling me the courses were competely worthless instead let me waste 6 years of the best part of my life there, just so they could keep a job.

I am now completely unemployable.

So I dont know where you guys are getting all of this you can change the world if you just think differently bull, I had to grow out of that kind of thinking a decade ago.

Last edited by freax; 9th December 2012 at 02:58 AM.
Old 9th December 2012, 07:14 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

I find it odd that you quoted me to reply. I think you misunderstood my post.
What I find telling in your response is that you've counted to 11 for other people, but only 2 sentences for yourself. One thing's for sure... you won't get hired by the Australian Tourism Board.
Old 9th December 2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Oh man. I'm starting to think Chuck Lorre had in mind guys like Freax when he said that. He probably was fed up with negative guys. I enjoy reading Schopenhauer and I can say he sounds very jovial next to you. Haha. Anyway, he's waaaay more entertaining. Lighten up. You'll bore everyone to death with your apocalyptic stories. Hey, life is a force - you won't stop it with constant whining. Listen to what Chuck Lorre says and change your views because you ain't gonna change the world, that's for sure.

I hate to sound like a preacher man but that was necessary to stop the bleeding.

Last edited by Cassiel; 9th December 2012 at 01:11 PM.
Old 9th December 2012, 03:23 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

I like chris's statement. It is 100% true. Only on diyaudio could a peaceful and positive message be turned into a heated discussion.
Would you rather learn something and be happy, or would you rather win every argument!
Old 9th December 2012, 03:37 PM   #15
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Here is a thought,

In all the years you have looked for something to change outside of you in the world..has it worked?

Whats the secret?...can you change the outside of yourself (no)

So whats the secret change the inside to work with the outside...If you think you have no hope then you will sit and do nothing...a journey of 5000miles starts with putting your shoes on. The shoes are inside you not on your feet.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited by M Gregg; 9th December 2012 at 03:48 PM.
Old 9th December 2012, 04:49 PM   #16
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo theory View Post
Only on diyaudio could a peaceful and positive message be turned into a heated discussion.

Here comes the moderator with a bucket of cold water.

*Oh and if you think this only happens here....it's crystal clear you've never been married.

Last edited by Cassiel; 9th December 2012 at 04:58 PM.
Old 9th December 2012, 05:40 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiel View Post
Here comes the moderator with a bucket of cold water.

*Oh and if you think this only happens here....it's crystal clear you've never been married.
Hahaha!
You are correct! I've never been married.....to quote Charlie Sheen - "WINNING!"
Old 9th December 2012, 06:13 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiel View Post
. Anyway, I fail to see the good side. Good for whom? Not for us, that's for sure.
There's no denying children are happier than adults.
Well yes, good for all of us. No one person can be completely free and still leave any one other person completely free, unless each gets a universe of their own design

So there you have it. Back to the OP's suggestion, in short: Anyone can believe whatever they want but the world is still what it is.
Old 9th December 2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

It's down to age. It's known that people get happier after their mid-life crisis, the happiest people are now in their 50's. Maybe because all the drugs they did when they were kids have finally taken their toll.....
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 9th December 2012, 07:59 PM   #20
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Eckhardt View Post
unless each gets a universe of their own design
Anyone can believe whatever they want but the world is still what it is.

Scrooge beware of the children ignorance and want..especially ignorance for on its brow is written the word Doom...unless the writing be erased.

Regards
M. Gregg

Hide this!Advertise here!