Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th November 2012, 05:13 PM   #1
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Default Avatar change..attached story!

Hi all,

The cat pic which I used as an avatar was of a pet which was killed on the road in Feb last year. He had, like our earlier cat, adopted us.

In June last year a similar tabby visited us in the garden and spent all afternoon with us. We went in for a coffee and she came in too, totally examined the house and when all was finished went back outside.

The following night it was raining and we heard a scratching at a glass door....and there she was again. We let her in and she has been here ever since.

So she is worthy to replace Tigger as my avatar!
Old 27th November 2012, 11:21 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

To bad you lost your cat and glad you where adoptaed again!
All our cats have (had) royal names. Two of them tabs: Willhelm (when I was a kid in Germany) and Victoria later here in Canada. Both of them most amazing animals. Vicky's story is much like your Tigger's
After Vicky was lunch for a coyote (at age 13+) we decided to have only indoor cats (Alexandra, Nickolas, Isabella and Catherine), and as Felix, the cat said: we love them to pieces! E
Old 28th November 2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

I love cats too but I can't have one. To be at ease I need to live alone. I feed street cats and I should stop doing that because when one gets sick I worry and worry and worry.....and then it dies. I console myself thinking that sickness and death is not as bad for animals as it is for us.
Old 4th December 2012, 02:02 AM   #4
freax is offline freax  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiel View Post
I love cats too but I can't have one. To be at ease I need to live alone. I feed street cats and I should stop doing that because when one gets sick I worry and worry and worry.....and then it dies. I console myself thinking that sickness and death is not as bad for animals as it is for us.
aww thats nice, I take care of stray cats too, one of them I allow to live underneath my house.

during hot days I leave a bowl of cold water out for them.
Old 4th December 2012, 02:20 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

We were always dog lovers and didn't like cats much. Then after 5 years of illness our dog died and we decided that we would need a break ( we always had a pet dog !). After about 6 months the neighbour's cats ( stray's) started coming over to our house and we shooed them away. One day a brown and white Tab just stayed put outside our door , wouldn't go away and acted as if he had always been there ! Against my mom's advice I fed him some milk , though he wouldn't come near me ......he used to hiss at me if I tried to get close.
To cut the long story short , in a couple of years he was part of the house , though he didn't sleep here at night. Used to even sleep with his head on my lap sometimes! After three years ,one day it disappeared. Must have died somehow. Can't explain in words, how we felt !
Since then we have always had one cat that adopted our house and they generally turned out to be incredible animals ! Most of them were black cats ! They were the most affectionate of the lot !

Current scientific research appears to validate the Eastern belief that consciousness ( our conscious self ...or 'soul' ) is everlasting ....lives forever.
They also mention that animal 'souls' do too ! So you can conclude that if you really loved them , they will be back with you when you cross over ! Great isn't it ?
Old 4th December 2012, 06:32 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
So you can conclude that if you really loved them , they will be back with you when you cross over ! Great isn't it ?
Yeah, too good of a deal I'm afraid. Anyway, guess it will be rather crowdy if animals are too invited to the final party. I will have no complaints if there's a VIP section for me and my buddies, though.
Old 4th December 2012, 07:52 PM   #7
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

What about the fleas? Do they live on after I gas the little horrors?
Old 4th December 2012, 08:11 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

I don't know about fleas but I suspect lice were created to stimulate our thinking by scratching our heads.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:22 PM   #9
brianco is offline brianco  Ireland
diyAudio Member

Location: Scottish Borders - Kelso; on the famous Tweed River!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassiel View Post
I don't know about fleas but I suspect lice were created to stimulate our thinking by scratching our heads.
....and learned beards.
Old 5th December 2012, 12:50 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Yeah , what about fleas ! I didn't think about that. Maybe insects don't have souls like ours and our pets . Maybe they keep evolving only on Mother Earth till they pop into an animal body ! So "Heaven" keeps away insects effectively !
That ensures that they don't need mosquito nets over on the other side.
As far as space for us and all our pets and buddies , there is no dearth for space ...the whole Universe is available !

Hide this!Advertise here!