Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

The cat pic which I used as an avatar was of a pet which was killed on the road in Feb last year. He had, like our earlier cat, adopted us.

In June last year a similar tabby visited us in the garden and spent all afternoon with us. We went in for a coffee and she came in too, totally examined the house and when all was finished went back outside.

The following night it was raining and we heard a scratching at a glass door....and there she was again. We let her in and she has been here ever since.

So she is worthy to replace Tigger as my avatar!

To bad you lost your cat and glad you where adoptaed again!
All our cats have (had) royal names. Two of them tabs: Willhelm (when I was a kid in Germany) and Victoria later here in Canada. Both of them most amazing animals. Vicky's story is much like your Tigger's
After Vicky was lunch for a coyote (at age 13+) we decided to have only indoor cats (Alexandra, Nickolas, Isabella and Catherine), and as Felix, the cat said: we love them to pieces! E

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
I love cats too but I can't have one. To be at ease I need to live alone. I feed street cats and I should stop doing that because when one gets sick I worry and worry and worry.....and then it dies. I console myself thinking that sickness and death is not as bad for animals as it is for us.

I love cats too but I can't have one. To be at ease I need to live alone. I feed street cats and I should stop doing that because when one gets sick I worry and worry and worry.....and then it dies. I console myself thinking that sickness and death is not as bad for animals as it is for us.

aww thats nice, I take care of stray cats too, one of them I allow to live underneath my house.

during hot days I leave a bowl of cold water out for them.

We were always dog lovers and didn't like cats much. Then after 5 years of illness our dog died and we decided that we would need a break ( we always had a pet dog !). After about 6 months the neighbour's cats ( stray's) started coming over to our house and we shooed them away. One day a brown and white Tab just stayed put outside our door , wouldn't go away and acted as if he had always been there ! Against my mom's advice I fed him some milk , though he wouldn't come near me ......he used to hiss at me if I tried to get close.
To cut the long story short , in a couple of years he was part of the house , though he didn't sleep here at night. Used to even sleep with his head on my lap sometimes! After three years ,one day it disappeared. Must have died somehow. Can't explain in words, how we felt !
Since then we have always had one cat that adopted our house and they generally turned out to be incredible animals ! Most of them were black cats ! They were the most affectionate of the lot !

Current scientific research appears to validate the Eastern belief that consciousness ( our conscious self ...or 'soul' ) is everlasting ....lives forever.
They also mention that animal 'souls' do too ! So you can conclude that if you really loved them , they will be back with you when you cross over ! Great isn't it ? ;)

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
So you can conclude that if you really loved them , they will be back with you when you cross over ! Great isn't it ?
Yeah, too good of a deal I'm afraid. Anyway, guess it will be rather crowdy if animals are too invited to the final party. I will have no complaints if there's a VIP section for me and my buddies, though.

Yeah , what about fleas ! I didn't think about that. Maybe insects don't have souls like ours and our pets . Maybe they keep evolving only on Mother Earth till they pop into an animal body ! So "Heaven" keeps away insects effectively !
That ensures that they don't need mosquito nets over on the other side.
As far as space for us and all our pets and buddies , there is no dearth for space ...the whole Universe is available ! ;)

Unfortunately, I found the information in hungarian only:
Csányi: A kutyák sz?rös gyerekek - KönyvesBlog
Csányi Vilmos - Wikipédia
Although the soul is not the case here.
But the thought of dogs.
All I would add to this, the cats are not far behind the dogs.
This is my own experience, since I had two very intelligent dogs.
And now the two cats.
I think the cats just because they are at a disadvantage compared to dogs because they are mostly only tolerated as being, not as a member of the family grow up. In addition, many people can hate to the autonomous behavior of cats, compared to dogs for people humble love.

Last edited:
Cat contemplates Christmas and sends all other Cats represented here a Greeting.

Attachments

• xmas cat.jpg
    xmas cat.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 98
Yeah, they are right.
Most cats do what she/he wants.
We can't do that.

Just like the rest of us like to think we do.

It seems to me that dogs are easy to train as 'skilled workers' - gun dogs, guide dogs for the blind, sniffer-dogs etc. Other than a cat circus which I saw a clip of on TV, Cats are seldom receptive to training......but they are great creatures of habit.

Yet see this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlKYtLlvRlU

Last edited:
I lost two cats to "adopters" who fed them Whiskas and treats, rather than my healthy food. One abandoned her kittens. They both got run over on the way home after a week or two. The kittens died. The one cat that wasn't kidnapped lived an active life for 22 yrs.

We kill fleas, so they must be evil. Do evil beings have souls? I've always had this problem with damnation.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.