it's cold today - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd January 2013, 10:55 PM   #41
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Common European misconception. They're all Americans. Lots of subcultures, lots of regional diversity, and lots of languages. You'll see a Chinese looking woman walking out of an Indian restaurant carrying a pizza. And it was cooked by some guys with Spanish names and Mexican complexions.
I just read that in our old suburb, the students in the school system speak 26 different native languages.
Old 4th January 2013, 02:51 AM   #42
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Did you lose suitcase on the way up?
I have plenty of warm clothes stashed in the house. I rarely wear them though. My bodies internal thermostat has been whacked, and is getting worse. Shovelling snow for an hour in a T-shirt is normal for me even in 20 degree weather as lonh as there is no wind. The tank top and flip flops picture was however a set up for my friends back in Florida.

Wednesday morning it was 12 degrees and windy. I did wear a denim jacket while loading the car for the trip home. It was COLD that morning. I am now in Orlando, about 250 miles from home. People here are complaining about the cold.....it is 65 degrees.....yeah, its so cold.....right?
Old 4th January 2013, 03:02 AM   #43
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubelab.com View Post
People here are complaining about the cold.....it is 65 degrees.....yeah, its so cold.....right?
It was 39 degrees here today. I was out for a bike ride, and I'm not complaining. It was sunny with a light breeze, so it's all good.

jeff
Old 4th January 2013, 04:53 AM   #44
Johno is offline Johno  Australia
diyAudio Member

Default Down under its hot today

All that white stuff looks so inviting...

Currently 40C. rising to 44C over the next five days. With hot sticky nights. Bush fires (wild fires) are the biggest fear.

Yesterday it was only about 38C and I took the bike out for a bit of a zoom-zoom. After about 10 minutes really spongy brake levers - the heat softens the rubber of the brake lines, lines balloon under pressure, no brakes, flapping sphincter. Braided lines are very overdue. At the same time tyres get really soft and grip like glue, so there is an upside.
Old 4th January 2013, 04:58 PM   #45
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Here we had below zero C degrees. Ice on car windows, ice on top of water in a bucket.
But no snow yet. I miss snow. :-(
Old 6th January 2013, 07:44 PM   #46
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

It's snow everywhere here, it was even snowing gently when we went out this morning. But it doesn't feel that cold yet, it hasn't got down to -10C or below yet.

Johno - 44C is too much man !
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 6th January 2013, 11:33 PM   #47
Johno is offline Johno  Australia
diyAudio Member

In Australia we have almost no collective understanding of what 'really cold' is.

When I was with IBM I had a trip to Seoul in Sth Korea in February. So I packed my winter weight stuff - car to the office door sorts of things. I was going from 35C to minus 25C and the hostie was getting worried about me crossing the air bridge to the terminal when we arrived. Nah, she'll be right - famous last words. Fair dinkum, it was cold enough to freeze the balls off a billiard table, as some would say.

Interestingly the extremes are equally deadly to the unprepared or the very old and very young. Babies still die when left in a car in the sun in the shopping centre carpark for a couple of minutes and all sorts of folks still perish, mainly as a result of breakdowns, in the hotter, isolated central parts of the country.

That said I think I prefer our warmer climate even though it is going to be above 40C today and tomorrow. Plus, beer tastes better on a hot day.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:24 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

Quote:
I prefer our warmer climate even though it is going to be above 40C today and tomorrow.
Not me. It doesn't get that hot here, usually about 35 to 37C at the worst in July and August, but the humidity is 95 to 100%. Even in winter it can be 25 to 30C for weeks, and just as humid.

Today I spent an hour washing the road salt from the car dressed in only a pair of shorts, then spent about an hour in the pool. Yes, its back to normal, and tomorrow....back to work.
Old 7th January 2013, 12:58 AM   #49
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigun View Post
it's cold today
Pull your shirt over it.
Old 7th January 2013, 01:10 AM   #50
diyAudio Member

Location: Mar del Plata, a BIG seasonal getaway city, can see the Ocean from our residence.
Cold? whatzat??? We were afraid summer wouldn't get started with a bunch of Spring/Summer storms marching thru with the rain & wind............but today it really got cranked up at 90F or so....but the misquitos are out with the soggy ground for days.

__________________________________________________ ____Rick.........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Girl.JPG (129.2 KB, 92 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!