The Weather

Perhaps this belongs in a thread of it's own.

There is a thread about vacuum tube synthesizers in the instruments and amps forum. I believe it is too specific since it has seen only 24 posts in 3 years. Music synthesizers do not get much talk here since there are several forums dedicated just for them. Vacuum tube synthesizers are very rare with only a couple found on the web, although I am looking into some vacuum tube modules.

Either I can start a new thread, or perhaps a moderator can change the name of this one to something more general, like "Anyone building a music synthesizer?" Or "Modular Synth build." Most of the existing 24 posts did not involve vacuum tubes....or weather.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/inst...esizer-tubes.html?highlight=vacuum+tube+synth

Have you considered pencil tubes or nuvistors?

Yes, currently investigating the pencils. Nuvistor sockets are too hard to get and the tubes aren't cheap.

Weather gentlemen.

As Gimp says.....it's raining, and it is expected to continue until Monday or Tuesday......after being outside for 12+ hours a day since last Thursday.....its time to come inside and build something, or at least blow something up trying!

Shorts and t-shirt and my 100 year old apple three at 21.30 today in Norway

Attachments

• IMG_2147.jpg
    IMG_2147.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 150
100+ all over the south-west US?
So hot that some aircraft will be outside their operating parameters (hot air is less dense, so airplane wings generate less lift in hot air), and therefore cannot fly. :eek:

"In Phoenix, temperatures are expected to climb above the range in which some commercial airplanes can safely fly (small commercial planes are only able to operate in temperatures up to 118 degrees Fahrenheit)."
Above quote taken from: https://thinkprogress.org/southwest-heat-wave-2017-6ff097b3dd53

-Gnobuddy

100+ all over the south-west US?

Here on the coast of Maine, 75 hi 66 lo.

Yeah funny thing about that. Here is CA there are coastal microclimates along the coast in most places (not sure about LA and SD area). Inland the high might be over 100F but on the coast it only get up to 65F, or even less if foggy. A 40+F difference over a few tens of miles can be really striking, and escaping to the coast for a week or so is really, really nice.

On another note, I have to admit my eyes welled up when I heard that the people of Fort McMurray have donated 100,000 lbs. of food to the people affected by these fires. If any of you don't remember, Fort McMurray was devastated by a fire last year. Something much greater than we are dealing with at this time. My faith in humanity grows by the hour.

Yeah funny thing about that. Here is CA there are coastal microclimates along the coast in most places (not sure about LA and SD area). Inland the high might be over 100F but on the coast it only get up to 65F, or even less if foggy. A 40+F difference over a few tens of miles can be really striking, and escaping to the coast for a week or so is really, really nice.

Same in LA.

Current Weather - Calabasas, CA

10 miles away -

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-118.64528008401754&lat=34.04642211679865#.WWaM3PxlA0M