it's cold today - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th March 2013, 02:29 PM   #101
kevinkr is offline kevinkr  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Yeah, there have been a lot of snow storms this winter, I think this entirely makes up for last year's very mild and short winter. Certainly no shortage of white stuff in these parts. Hopefully this means local water supplies will be a bit more robust this year. I'm expecting we'll have another hurricane this summer based on recent precedent..

I'm fortunate to have several roller rinks less than an hour away with truly excellent week night adult sessions. I've been skating continuously for 30yrs, and have some friends that span that entire time frame..
Old 12th March 2013, 12:44 AM   #102
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

it's sure melting fast these days, a sunny weekend and rain all day today. It's no longer so cold. A few more weeks and we can turn off all those tube amps
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 12th March 2013, 01:49 AM   #103
diyAudio Member

Damn, not here. Some snow, and nasty winds, so bad drifting. Had to clear the very long driveway with the snow blower so my wife could actually get into the garage after work.
Old 31st March 2013, 10:01 PM   #104
Speakerholic
diyAudio Moderator

18 and no wind. Went for a walk around the lake [2.5 km] with shorts, sandals and no shirt. Lot's of nice girl parts to be seen as well. Even my wife was down to her halter top.
Old 4th April 2013, 01:42 AM   #105
diyAudio Member

Cal, you are having the best time buddy !

It was snowing again today. Looks like winter will be around until it's summer. No Spring this year !
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 4th April 2013, 02:02 AM   #106
diyAudio Member

Drove from NJ to OH today via I-80 -- they are expecting the lowest temps since 1954 in central PA -- around 20 -- wonderful snow flurries through the PA mountains even though the afternoon temps were in the high 30's -- it was like a Dutch seascape painting.
Old 14th April 2013, 01:23 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

We just had a day off work, local power outages from an ice storm bringing down trees and cables. Maybe we'll have Spring next year !
Old 22nd September 2013, 09:23 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Boy did summer end quick, not only is it the first day of Fall but it feels cold enough for it too - yesterday was only 11C !
Old 6th January 2014, 10:08 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

Lots of snow and it's getting pretty cold.

Apparently, if you believe what they say on the News, I'm in a "winter vortex". Is this something The Doctor uses for time travel ?
Old 6th January 2014, 10:10 PM   #110
Banned

I am getting pounded with snow here, first Blizzard warning that I have been aware of in recent times.

Hide this!Advertise here!