Psychic pair fail scientific test - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd November 2012, 08:01 PM   #121
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrooster View Post
What gets me is the resemblance of an atom and the solar system and a molecule and a galaxy and the very large view of the cosmos and a brain with its attendant dendrites and nodes! Spooky. Buddha said that the universe is a gigantic brain and we are figments of its imagination Spookier!
There is no resemblance to atoms and the solar system except in very old, outdated models.
They used those models a century ago to explain a new concept to people with no idea.
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:17 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
How would I know that I lost if I did not care? Indeed, it is tough question.

It was the first and last time when I decided to play. And the coincidence was such as it can't be ignored. Got 4 numbers, _one_by_one_ of first horses that come first one by one. If I put that 4 numbers in the right order the price that I paid for the car could be returned. But I switching on my ego was a bit afraid to loose, and put 3 numbers only, for a chance that they will come first in any order, and returned the exact price for the speakers.
Then, after I started learning to master such skills, I learned that this "Don't care" attitude works indeed, as was taught by Mystic Masters of the antiquity. That's why when demonstrations that involve ego are conducted they fail. They contradict the main requirement: to switch off desires of Ego, in order to work. I can't tell you more, sorry, because the oath I gave to the Order is similar requirement, in order to learn and master such skills.
"Don't care" is critically important.
That is why most testing will fail.
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:21 PM   #123
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Like in case of birds organization of organisms can't be explained by the sum of organisms. As if it creates one more organism, on higher level of organization.
Nope, flocking behaviour can be simulated very easily with a few lines of code and a CGI particle model.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:26 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by myhrrhleine View Post
There is no resemblance to atoms and the solar system except in very old, outdated models.
They used those models a century ago to explain a new concept to people with no idea.
Yes, models of atoms were used to explain on known examples something new. But it is amazing how more and more complex assemblies of subsystems are organized in more complex systems, and their properties are more than the sum of properties of subsystems. And indeed from this perspective Cosmos looks like a huge endless brain.
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:31 PM   #125
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
Nope, flocking behaviour can be simulated very easily with a few lines of code and a CGI particle model.
Why "Nope"? Can they simulate themselves, without your decision what to simulate, how to simulate? Can a heap of parts thrown together simulate themselves as an amplifier? Nope, some external organizing activity is needed. Or, some already pre-included in them property to act as a single organism when assembled together, to organize this new bigger entity with new properties from themselves.
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:37 PM   #126
diyAudio Moderator

Flocking is what's called an emergent behaviour. All each bird has to do is follow a few simple rules to create what we see. There is no external organising activity needed. Google for "Game of life" to see what can happen in this sort of situation. Fascinating, but not supernatural.
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:40 PM   #127
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofaspud View Post
Yes. That's how cold reading works.
Somewhat off topic... when I visit my parents they have never ever asked, "What are you doing here?"
Testing is real simple.
Take a photograph of the subject.
Write an 8 digit # on the back.
Place the photograph in an envelope.
Seal the envelope.
Give the 8 digit # to a third party who has no connection with the photograph.
Have the third person give the 8 digit # to the psychic.
Have the psychic do the reading based on the # .
A good psychic will give you an accurate reading, without reading you.
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:41 PM   #128
diyAudio Member

Quote:
What do you see on this picture: are their synapses connected? But they act like the one organism. Like cells in their bodies.
What is more fascinating is when they are flocking and suddenly change direction.
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:52 PM   #129
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yes, models of atoms were used to explain on known examples something new. But it is amazing how more and more complex assemblies of subsystems are organized in more complex systems, and their properties are more than the sum of properties of subsystems. And indeed from this perspective Cosmos looks like a huge endless brain.
I was only commenting on the one model about atoms.
I agree about the cosmos-brain similarities.
Old 3rd November 2012, 08:54 PM   #130
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkmouse View Post
Flocking is what's called an emergent behaviour. All each bird has to do is follow a few simple rules to create what we see. There is no external organising activity needed. Google for "Game of life" to see what can happen in this sort of situation. Fascinating, but not supernatural.
We all can see what can happen, the fascinating question is "Why". Like we all know about gravitation, how it "happens"... And how it happens when many living cells are organized in organisms. Nothing is supernatural, everything is natural. Just hard to explain without assumption of existence of unrecognized yet forces. Scientific complexities can be used in order to ignore such questions, but to me it is not wise. That's why I am so interested in ancient schools of wisdom, because they offer practical experiments with practical results.

Hide this!Advertise here!