Psychic pair fail scientific test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I simply discount mindless faith based nonsense, that's all... seems to be some here, unbecoming to this forum

Well I would agree,

However, faith is based upon belief...I don't base anything on belief...I just don't understand whats going on...it goes against my science beliefs.

The problem with this kind of thing is, ask your self the question..

Look at post #111 of this thread...OK..now just think about it (just for a moment)...if this realy happened to you what would you think?

How can you just laugh it off...it dosen't make any sense.. Would you want to know what "IF anything was going on?"

Perhaps you would just say what a load of hogwash and just laugh it off..
However why would you do this..I can tell you why I would laugh it off because its scarey...I know it happened to me.

Here is some more "Make believe"..I thought this is complete rubbish so I came up with an idea (while on the toilet)..I thought OK if you can hear me listen to this...I want privacy..said ever time I had a c**p..I went to see a medium just for a laugh..the medium after about half an hour said," I have a message for you"..yes I said, You want privacy..they have heard you..they wont say why because it might embarras you.

How is this based upon belief?

So you go away and laugh it off again...sorry I didn't.I sat and thought.
Could it be telepathy...well science says thats rubbish as well..

If this was combined with the things I experienced<<<OK I know you wouldn't do it because its all hogwash..I agree...

NB..I am not religious...I just have no explanation..I have tried to think of every idea that could explain it even aliens...however, for any of this to happen try and explain it without telepathy..

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
The trouble with the dragon in the garage story is that there is too much of an air of possible reasonableness to it, one could contemplate such a possibility of being in some ways a rational extension of our current understanding. 'Tis much better to go for something that has the true elements of the Monty Pythonesque about it, that reeks of ripe nuttiness to provoke easy mirth from those who see themselves as rational. Something along the lines of, reality actually has 6 dimensions of space and currently humans are only capable of sensing 3 under normal circumstances. This obviously has all the characteristics of the absurd, so will make it very easy to lampoon people who contemplate such possibilities ...

Frank

OK just one more try...
yes I said, You want privacy..they have heard you..they wont say why because it might embarras you.
This could be said to literally anyone, and they could relate to it.
A person wouldn't have to spend 4 years deep in research; this is cold reading 101 prerequisite.
BTW, among all the other rehashing obvious to anyone with any amount of knowledge of the subjects, discounting the "art of deception" explanations so casually makes one the close-minded type that is habitually directed to the other side. That seemed awfully obvious also, but I figured it needed to be said. Not that I'm expecting anything to change.
BTW2, I did at an earlier time give credence to a lot of what I now call pseudoscience, but T. Paine was right when he wrote my tag.

BTW2, I did at an earlier time give credence to a lot of what I now call pseudoscience, but T. Paine was right when he wrote my tag.
The problem for some people, is that when they enquire they start to recognise patterns underlying seemingly unreleated experiences; they no longer listen to the precise interpretations given to these incidents by those involved, but start to perceive a very strong connecting narrative, "hidden" in all the strange explanations and beliefs.

Plus, they may have actual experiences that echo what they've read about: so much more convincing, to fully sense a jolt in the rump, in your mind and body, than to just come across other people who describe what it feels like when someone kicks them in the backside ...

Frank

Edit: (queue yet again spooky music) ... at the top of the current page is an ad for "Your Free Tarot Readings in 1 click here!". Gosh, that's gotta prove the world's magical, I reckon ...

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
OK just one more try...

This could be said to literally anyone, and they could relate to it.
A person wouldn't have to spend 4 years deep in research; this is cold reading 101 prerequisite.

Well its a supperb random comment...I have listened to a considerable amount from..as you put it cold reading..Guess what I have never ever heard someone say to another person you are asking for privacy..never ever...so it looks like its all random rubbish then..Cold reading..it must be very good to give pictures that match other pictures people see in there heads, and discriptons...I am not saying its spirit, life after death etc ..although it maybe..

Anyway we will assume its cold reading its probably safer..
Regards
M. Gregg

The point to contemplate, astounding though it may seem to many, is that there is, for want of a better word, more "intelligence" in the universe manifested in some form, than what is currently encapsulated in current human understanding of Everything. That is, the Big Picture may have a bit more depth to it than we can currently get a grip on. Or that there may be something that is just a tiny smidgeon smarter than we think we are ...

Incredible, but Possibly True ...

Frank

Last edited:
duh

The point to contemplate, astounding though it may seem to many, is that there is, for want of a better word, more "intelligence" in the universe manifested in some form, than what is currently encapsulated in current human understanding of Everything. That is, the Big Picture may have a bit more depth to it than we can currently get a grip on. Or that there may be something that is just a tiny smidgeon smarter than we think we are ...

Incredible, but Possibly True ...

Frank

yes... it's true... we haven't (discovered, analyzed, explained, comprehended,... fill in your favorite verb[iage] here) everything

kind of goes without saying, don't you think??;)

idly postulating whether a beaver could grow wings might be fun to some (all things are possible, right?), but it does little to further our "horizon of intelligence"

John L.

Mysticism, the paranormal, an intelligent universe, the supernatural...or science, objectivism, and skepticism. Human existence from prehistory until the Enlightenment, with a few transitory exceptions was ruled by the former. For the last few centuries the balance has slowly tilted toward the latter, but the vast majority still are more comfortable with a blend tilted heavily toward the former.

So if you accept that these processes not subject to rational observation and testing exist, then it seems axiomatic that no assertion relating to them could be challenged. Then how do you separate the charlatan from the genuine? It seems a pretty slippery slope backwards to a fully irrational world.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
OK it would be interesting,

What are your thoughts on this. Fictitious example..

Lets use the Dragon in my garage as an example..I think about a dragon..when does the thought exist..there is no proof that I ever thought about a dragon..I can see it in my head..where does the picture of the dragon exist?

Next you create a picture of the dragon...I describe the dragon is green correct..it has no tail correct, it can talk..correct..its is now changing colour to blue..this is also correct...<<this would be stupid..

Then both of us wait for something to appear in our head we see a dragon, however neither of us know we see a dragon..I say I see a dragon..OK you can see one as well..the dragon is blue..this is correct..then You say it has no tail this is correct..it can talk correct..it is holding a sign...I say it says look at me...you say this is correct..

This must be cold reading..correct? If not what is it?

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Lets use the Dragon in my garage as an example..I think about a dragon..when does the thought exist..there is no proof that I ever thought about a dragon..I can see it in my head..where does the picture of the dragon exist?

Next you create a picture of the dragon...I describe the dragon is green correct..it has no tail correct, it can talk..correct..its is now changing colour to blue..this is also correct...<<this would be stupid..
One can go a step further. Let's say no such dragons exist, at the moment. But, for whatever reasons, a considerable number of people believe that it would make for a more interesting world if such "pets" did exist -- then slowly but surely such beasties would begin to manifest ...

This is all part of that awkward theory, by some, that the physical is a projection of, results from the existence of consciousness, rather than the conventional, other way round theory ...

Frank

yes... it's true... we haven't (discovered, analyzed, explained, comprehended,... fill in your favorite verb[iage] here) everything

kind of goes without saying, don't you think??;)
Yes, it's kind of easy, emotionally, to do this in one direction, looking down on the smaller; or the less intelligent, "things", no matter how large they are -- just a bit harder considering going in the other direction.

I'm reminded here of the classic cartoon image used with the musical "My Fair Lady": the professor using his puppeteer's strings to manipulate his charming "subject"; meanwhile, above in the clouds ...

Frank

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Is this,

The picture you were thinking about?

Just curious..:)..the only question would be is there another set of strings?

Just a thought...would it fair (pun) to say that our thoughts animate our body..however when my body moved in circle..my thoughts were my own..however the feelings were mixed with "closeness"...its hard to remember exactly..

Regards
M. Gregg

Attachments

• 200px-Myfairlady.jpg
    200px-Myfairlady.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
In meditation (burmese),

I have had jerking of the limbs..the guy running it said it was Vipassana..I just thought it was loss of control of the muscles..just sudden jurking...however this was not the same feeling...:)...like the sudden feeling of euphoria that I got after about 18 months of sitting..it felt like when you see a sudden beautiful landscape..however all there was..was a grey fog and suddenly being aware that you were not awake...however you were sitting upright in meditation...I tried to make it happen again with no luck..

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.