Statistics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any statistics about how many people visit daily the forum, and which is the ratio between normal users, and moderators, here and in other forums?

In my opinion, I think this ratio is too low (too much moderators) and 've seen that their auctions sometime collide between them. For example, few time ago I saw a mod closing a thread I don't remember which and why, and few minutes later another mod re-opened it. I accept that the may have different opinions as any of us, but a bit of coherence is welcomed.

Other suggestion I may do, is referenced to the use in excess of acronyms and abbreviations that for the non-english speakers (like me), becomes tiring to understand and as I know that they are of normal usage in colloquial speaking, there may be some kind of an automatic "decoder" for them.

This is only my opinion, and no necessarily one from other participants.

Sorry if my english isn't good.

Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Hi Osvado,

I'll move your post to the main forum area, as your question isn't to do with the store. To answer your questions though:

We have 200,000 members and about a dozen active moderators who grace us with their free time to watch over the 1,000 new posts on the forum every day. I can assure you there is plenty of co-ordination, but it's an imperfect, subjective science. :)

The moderators and the decisions they make are the reason why diyAudio is the best forum for our audio genre on the internet today. What you actually see them do is just the tip of the iceberg.

In regards to the colloquial English, perhaps we could start a specific thread where non-English speakers can ask for clarification on various language issues or questions.

Last edited:
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi Osvaldo, If a moderator is uncertain about a particular thread and the way it is heading he may decide to close it until a discussion can be had about what is the best course of action. The result of that discussion may be that the thread remains closed, or could be that it can be re-opened.

We work as a team, but sometimes decisions have to be made individually as there may not be anyone else around, or the situation may be perceived as not being able to wait until after a discussion. Closing a thread can be like a time out.

And no we don't always have the same opinions on things, but that is what makes for balanced moderation. It's a bit like the difference between having a single judge or a jury ;) rest assured that whilst we may occasionally have different views on some things, we do all work towards a common goal, which is to keep this a pleasant place for everyone to discuss all aspects of this wonderful hobby :)

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.