Is it result of total debilism on Epson, or Microsoft paid them money for that? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st October 2012, 01:37 AM   #11
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

LCD projectors have some a long way in the past few years. I would never have believed they would look as good as they do now. Not as good as DLP, but closer, for sure. Very watchable. Bright, too!
Old 1st October 2012, 02:50 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
When I installed it instead of Sony VPL PX-30 the only word I could say, was "Wow!". I bought Sony projector back in 2005, it was not new then, but still very nice. I recall reading that it was about $9,000 when new. This Epson is hands down better. I never expected such quality picture from $2,800 projector. The main reason why I bought it, because of HDMI input. Also my wife wanted to see 3D movies. But honestly, I did not expect such improvement. Compared to my Sony it is quiet. Installation is easy. I fixed it right above heads, near the rear wall hanging from the ceiling, right in the middle of the screen horizontally. It has a nice feature to shift the lens using couple of dials, so the picture can be easy and perfectly adjusted for the screen. But it looks like despite of perfect keystone adjustment for 2D it is still not optimal for 3d, so it may be needs to be installed on the level in the middle of the screen vertically.

Last edited by Wavebourn; 1st October 2012 at 03:11 AM.
Old 1st October 2012, 02:55 AM   #13
diyAudio Moderator

That's odd. Why would the keystone adjustment affect the 3D? You use it with active glasses, right?
Old 1st October 2012, 05:11 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
That's odd. Why would the keystone adjustment affect the 3D? You use it with active glasses, right?
Right, but with glasses I see 2 different boundaries, under 2 different angles.
Old 1st October 2012, 05:18 AM   #15
diyAudio Moderator

OK, I gotta think about that one, I don't understand it. Electronic keystone "should" affect the the whole geometry mapping. That should be the same for the left and right images in a time multiplexed 3D system.

Maybe the Epson is doing something I don't know about.
Old 1st October 2012, 05:25 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Got Reply from techsupport. They have documenation and registration form on their site, but not so easy to find. It would be great to have a small paper in the box with URLs, instead of big red banner suggesting to run the CD first.

===========
Thank you for contacting Epson regarding your EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 5010. I am sorry you are experiencing problem with the registration and manual.

The manual is in PDF format. In order to open it, make sure there is PDF reader software in your computer. If you have problem opening it, you can download the User's Guide from the Epson website. Click on the link below.

Epson PowerLite Home Cinema 5010, Documents & Manuals - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

In regard to registration issue, go to Epson On-Line Product Registration, select Home Entertainment in Family field, then select the EPSON PowerLite Home Cinema 5010. Click the Next button to proceed.

We take your satisfaction seriously and hope that we have helped resolve your issue. If you receive a survey from us, we would greatly appreciate if you could take a few minutes to provide us with feedback about your support experience. Your ratings and comments are extremely important to us.

Should you require further assistance, please reply to this e-mail. If you have a different support issue, submit a request via our U.S. Support Site and we will respond in a timely manner.

Thank you for contacting Epson.
=========

Hide this!Advertise here!