What are you Watching?

Yes Frank, Charlie was thee best. :) ...Still is; he still lives on our screens. :film: :cool:
_____

* Last night I revisited this one (in 2D) ::

40553_large.jpg

(1925) -> Ninety years ago!

rewatched last night with my son - Zack Snyder's take on the Clark / Kal-El schizophrenia - "Man of Steel" - aside from what I though was an unnecessarily long "final battle" I quite enjoyed it - particularly the deep of detail given to the origin story

Michael Shannon's Zod and Antje Traue's Faora-Ul were riveting, and who wouldn't want to be able to fill out a pair of onesies like that, although I'd imagine the cape could get in the way

"Nice suit, son"

"Welcome to the planet, Clark"

the next couple of chapters of this arc could be a lot of fun - particularly looking forward to the introduction and evolution of Lex's character - between this and the Marvel World, I guess I never outgrew my prepubescent junior affection for comic book story telling - oops, "Graphic Novels"

I saw 'Interstellar' last week.

It was fun, but loud, real loud, too loud. ...So it was less fun. ...But I'm a fun guy, so ....

so then the quotes in my above post should ring a bell

just came back from the IMAX - was quite a ride, and except for a few segments when Hans Zimmers' score severely over shadowed the dialog and even 12,000 watts of digital surround sounded overloaded, it wasn't as obnoxious as Prometheus - I didn't even need my ear plugs

a reasonable piece of film-making I thought - see what $165M or so will get ya?

OK, let's be honest - I'm rather a fan of the Nolan brothers individually, but together they can create something pretty special

but let's not try to analyze the "sci" of this "fi" story too much;)

Bob - "Ender's Game"?

I also have that Blu-ray; saw it a while back. ,,, It is also a teenager's flick.
But I like it more than 'The Maze Runner'.

Absolute honesty isn't always the most diplomatic nor the safest form of communication with emotional beings.

Love is the one thing that we're capable of perceiving that transcends dimensions of time and space. Maybe we should trust that, even if we can't understand it.

Je suis Charlie. ...Freedom of expression is limited by its own demeaning behavior/flavor.
True love is unconditional and it respects all human life on Earth.
Violence starts somewhere, and before it it was non-violence.

so then the quotes in my above post should ring a bell

just came back from the IMAX - was quite a ride, and except for a few segments when Hans Zimmers' score severely over shadowed the dialog and even 12,000 watts of digital surround sounded overloaded, it wasn't as obnoxious as Prometheus - I didn't even need my ear plugs

a reasonable piece of film-making I thought - see what $165M or so will get ya?

OK, let's be honest - I'm rather a fan of the Nolan brothers individually, but together they can create something pretty special

but let's not try to analyze the "sci" of this "fi" story too much;)

The biggest sacrifice a person can make is to love life more than itself.

'Interstellar' reflects upon one's inner soul. ...The other side of the 4th dimension. ...The ultimate bliss of multiverse equation. :deer:

♦ Last night I revisited this (on Blu of course) ::

79774_front.jpg

Last edited:
ah, yes, for me one of Gilliam's less confusing works :)

So, we're now only 20yrs away from mastering time travel? isn't the fiction part of the sci-fi genre so liberating?

Just how many films has Bruce starred in that had some time / dimension travel element involved? Speaking of element - it might be time to take the Fifth again

Time travel: 'Interstellar' ... Christopher Nolan

♦ I might re-watch some David Mamet's flicks soon; I love his scripts. ...Got a bunch on Blu.
{Last night I did not watch any flick; very unusual for me.}

Huge Terry Gilliam's fan, of course. ...And Luc Besson too.

So many great flicks so little time. :deer: