What are you Watching?

Fell into the YouTube rabbit hole last night for a few hours - Luna Lee, Big Mike Geier (Puddles the clown), and Scott Bradlee’s Post Modern Jukebox. Interspersed with “random” suggestions for remasters of Rock classics, interviews with the likes of Steve Val, Ray Manzarek and Frank Zappa, it made for a very fun evening.
If you ignore your subscription list and just go spelunking, YouTube can be like a box of chocolates. Yeah, I know, mixed metaphors.

I have watched this film a couple of times this week:

Risen.

It's quite the oddest thing I have seen in ages. Long story short, set in the year dot, Roman Tribune soldier Clavius, employed by local Governor Pontius Pilate, is just doing his job in the Roman Empire enforcing ORDER on the disorderly savages in Israel.

Involves considerable brutality, but he doesn't worry too much about the odd war-wound. Give it 10 days and wounds usually heal.

Then gets involved in a mystery. One of the supposed opposition has apparently defied death. I don't want to spoil it for you.

Clavius is a fair man, and wants to know what really happened. Terrific drama and a detective mystery. Leaves you with a question: "Do you really believe this stuff?"

I dunno. :eek:

It's all over for the Vikes this week:

2020 NFL Schedule - Week 1

We lost. My second team, the Baltimore Ravens did alright, even if against perennial loser Da Browns. I quite fancy them for Superbowl this year. Almighty scrap between the Raiders and the Panthers.

We presume the Pats will do alright this year again. My current interest is to see if old Tom Brady can stay on his feet for the Bucs against the Saints. Usually a close game. :cool:

Boris Karlof Thriller "The Amazing Doktor Markesan", I think I've binged all the Dr. Quatermass content and I wish The BBC would let them put up the entirety of Dr. Who which would clearly take us to a vaccine. Sorry system7 I was at Packers games in the 60's and still put them high on my list even though I am in Boston , the Brady/Rogers Superbowl never happened too bad.

Last edited:
Out of the Past

annex-greer-jane-out-of-the-past_01.jpg

Jane Greer "a beautiful but dangerous woman."