What are you Watching?

snip... We also watched "Blue Hawaii" last night.

I happen to have this ludicrous Elvis film.

No worse than any of his other efforts, TBH.

But incredibly condescending to the folks on Hawaii. The Imperialists just keep saying "Aloha" to the locals. Whilst living the life of Riley. I watched it with Danish subtitles on a whim. But honestly it would have made no sense in any other language.

I just hoped Elvis would have been eaten by a Shark by the end. :D

snip.... "the music business is a dangerous hallway lined with pimps, thieves, murderers. and rapists...........there's also a bad side."

I must admit, and I am showing my age here, that I grew up a great admirer of Doctor. Hunter. S. Thompson.

Only tonight I was trying to find the exact quote about Motorcycle Deaths from the Traffic Cops in his "Hell's Angels" outlaw saga. Something about machines taking people beyond reasonable limits of safety. :rolleyes:

Hunter was always a great advocate of safety. He never advised people to try drugs and alcohol. Whilst admitting that it had always worked for him. :D

Interestingly he and Richard Nixon always yakked it up a storm about Football, despite fundamental differences. IIRC, Nixon was a Miami Dolphins fan.

Back on topic, nobody knows why Elvis threw it all away: Paul Brady.

But interesting. :cool:

Last edited:
. Whilst living the life of Riley.

"The Life of Riley" was a great TV series in the 1950's starring William Bendix (was previously based upon a radio comedy). Riley was a riveter in an aircraft plant.

Using "Life of Riley" to describe one living the life of leisure is akin to referring to Taki's "High Life" as the hoi polloi

Last edited:
Saturday is the worst TV day in Sweden. There may be some shows on national TV with bad artists performing the worst possible music. On the commercial channels you can pick between 'bad foot surgery', 'hauted house hunters', 'Scotland Open Golf Tour 2013' or 'Friends'.

I found a documentary about Japan's last defence lines in WW2.

Desperate times for Television entertainment In my opinion. But I would have been interested in 'Scotland Open Golf Tour 2013'. Swedish Henrik Stenson came 4th in the Scottish Open at Castle Stuart. 2nd in the British open at Muirfield. His nemesis both times was Phil Mickelson of the US.

But turned the result round in 2016 at Royal Troon. British Open Golf.

Golf may be one of the few Sports we can play while socially distanced. Otherwise we must watch old boxed sets of Scandi-Noir:
Bron/Broen/The Bridge. I always liked Saga. :eek:

Saturday is the worst TV day in Sweden. There may be some shows on national TV with bad artists performing the worst possible music. On the commercial channels you can pick between 'bad foot surgery', 'hauted house hunters', 'Scotland Open Golf Tour 2013' or 'Friends'.

I'm not familiar with your situation, do you not have access to a full satellite/web feed or do you choose not to pay for it?

Well, let's work through it. My local Charity Shop has happily reopened.

I didn't mind washing my hands before re-entering.

Bought 10 DVDs for £2.

What I got:

"Paris, Texas". Harry Dean Stanton. My fave.
"What if?" a date movie.
"The Lost World". Something about Dinosaurs by Arhtur Conan Doyle.
"Moon". Love in Space?
"Before Sunset"... a little treasure about Love in Paris with Julie Delpy.
"Sex, Lies and Videotape". No idea.
"Tron 2.0". Computer graphics IIRC.
"Borat". That funny guy who got some American Senator dumped as a Racist.
"Friends with benefits". What's wrong with that?
"The Glass Castle". No idea what this is about.

Anyway, all interesting. I love Da Movies. :D