Absolute Hot..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Quote,

At these temperatures gravity and the other three fundamental forces of the universe—electromagnetism and the strong and weak nuclear forces—become a single unified force. Knowing how that happens, the so-called "theory of everything," is the holy grail of theoretical physics today.

The problem is before the big bang was it cold or hot?
Ie did it cool or warming up.. is gravity permeating the dimensions or leaking through them and if so from where..

zero point energy anyone?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-point_energy

:D The fuel of space ships..LOL

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Almost. We know there is something that looks a lot like we expect a Higgs to look like. We, I say laughing, as the "we" is mankind, can continue to work with the standard model as this did not tell "us" it is completely wrong. Yet.

It may not be possible to predict what it was like before the big bang. That is information that may not exist in our universe. We would need to ask Mr. Hawking about that. I don't remember him saying, in the simplistic TV shoes, a limitation about information not being lost "in our universe" but it has some logic to the idea. Can information be lost from view is where I am going.

M Gregg said:
The problem is before the big bang was it cold or hot?
If the Big Bang idea is true, then there was no 'before' so no 'it'. The Big Bang started time as well as space. 'Before' the bang has a similar meaning to 'outside' the universe: both assume that the universe is embedded in something 'bigger' but scientifically unobservable and therefore scientifically unverifiable. It has to be unobservable because if it were observable then it would, presumably, be part of the universe.

I have heard of brane theory, but not studied it in any depth. It sounds a bit too much like string theory for my taste. 'Time before time' is meaningless, but it gets the attention of journalists.

The Big Bang looked like a good idea. Then people realised that it inevitably leads either to the Big Crunch or universal heat death. Both are scientifically tidy, but emotionally/philosophically unattractive as they suggest that everything, including us, is meaningless. So now people are speculating about what might happen 'outside' our universe. It has to be speculation as, by definition, we can't study it.

There are other ways of considering it, but I would annoy the mods by going down that path!

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I guess,

The argument has been over many centuries..That the universe is reflected within the mind..

Ie instead of going out go inward..Meditation etc..

Of course this is also part of the universe because it was created as part of us. The energies of the universe must be with us, part of us, in us and around us.. This has been reflected in many Scifi films (may the force be with you etc)..

No matter what we may think thoughts are real..a living part of us. The physical world is effected by it. The idea of zero point energy feels like it's verging on the metaphysical. What else is there that we have not yet detected?

The thought that energy creates mass plays on my mind..LOL are we just a thought or a dream in some mind..LOL when they wake up we all disappear.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Quick stupid questions,

The repulsive force? (Feynman Diagrams)

What type of force is transfered with a photon between two electrons ie mass or energy?
Ie electrons are negative so how does the photon transfer momentum from one to the other..Ie why is the photon emitted in the first place?

Looking at this:
heisup

Is there a link with energy and time?
Ie is the amount of energy in the universe setting time?

Just for interest..

http://portal.bentonville.k12.ar.us/kpaxton/Lecture Notes/IB-AP-B1/Chapter 21.pdf

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
OK I've got it,

The photon is virtual force carrier of electromagnetic force..
The reason is because the photon is the force carrier
The exchange creates an equal and opposite reaction (repulsion) push on the first electron and the impact on the other..
The conservation of energy happens when a second photon transfers energy immediately after the first in the opposite direction.
The further apart they are the less is the reaction..

Easy isn't it..:D

Regards
M. Gregg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.