About the healing effect of Tube-Amplifiers - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 4th August 2012, 06:06 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkash10 View Post
He is therefore at best confused, at worst a charlatan.
I disagree. At worst he has unique amp, at best he feels better.

I wish everyone to have amps and feel better.
Old 4th August 2012, 06:54 AM   #22
diyAudio Member

Next bestseller on E-pay wil be DIY 200khz crystal healing amps.

Wonder if the Chinese $299 version will have the same healing effect ??

Or bandwith LOL.

It doesn´t matter what you do when ill,as long as you do something the mind it self is a powerfull healer and if you got your focus set on something you can do miracles.

One of the problems is modern medicine telling people they´re out of hope and then they give up and stop fighting the descease.
Old 4th August 2012, 02:45 PM   #23
rdf is offline rdf  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
I disagree. .
I agree with you. Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD? Or thinks they could ‘get away’ with claiming 200 kHz? A better example of placebo effect is the degree to which a garbled technical ‘lifestyle’ report in a small local newspaper is interpreted in the most cynical way so as to maximize feeling good about oneself. Beats draining real resources from the medical system.
Old 4th August 2012, 04:26 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Any hobby is good for health and balance, any creative work that is pleasant. Not necessary extraordinary results of the work, sometimes the process itself is enough to bring joy, satisfaction, relaxation, meaning to the life.
Old 4th August 2012, 04:50 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdf View Post
Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD?
If the same electrical engineer claims a linear amplifying device needs quartz crystals on top for the 'harmonization', I would question his basic scientific knowledge, yes.

Here in Germany, if you go to 'spa towns' (anyone have a better word for the german 'Kurstadt'?) or other places especially older people like, you can get 'healing stones' and all kinds of little esoteric helpers and devices on almost every street corner.

It is easier to get your health insurance to pay for esoteric nonsense than for a tooth filling.

That's what pisses me off in this article. Not that someone found the strength to survive a stroke and recover from the consequences in his hobby (which is, in fact, a remarkable thing and surely worth a newspaper article). Merely the fact that the credits for the healing are given to a few lumps of quartz and non-existent 'harmonics'.

Greetings,
Andreas

Last edited by Rundmaus; 4th August 2012 at 04:52 PM.
Old 4th August 2012, 05:45 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdf View Post
I agree with you. Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD? Or thinks they could ‘get away’ with claiming 200 kHz? A better example of placebo effect is the degree to which a garbled technical ‘lifestyle’ report in a small local newspaper is interpreted in the most cynical way so as to maximize feeling good about oneself. Beats draining real resources from the medical system.
Yup. It's obviously the reporter who has the tech wrong. This is, unfortunately, very common for a reporter to get technical facts they are unfamiliar with wrong. There is a lot less proofreading and fact checking than you might think.

I think it's good to keep one's mind open, it makes for less judging.
Old 4th August 2012, 07:39 PM   #27
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Magic crystals, now why had I not thought of that. I could illuminate them with the blue LED's that were under my driver stage. Or, use tri-color, voltage controllable as "mood" crystals, the color changes to unhappy color when the rails dip. "Moodey amp" nice ring to it.
Old 4th August 2012, 09:01 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundmaus View Post
If the same electrical engineer claims a linear amplifying device needs quartz crystals on top for the 'harmonization', I would question his basic scientific knowledge, yes.
Fortunate then those who think that way weren't in a position to decide Isaac Newton's fate. He had crazy beliefs too.
Old 4th August 2012, 09:22 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

Isaac Newton compared to esoteric crystal mumbo believers - I think this is a good point for me to get out of this discussion, should have known the way it would develop and not posted a single reply at all.

Science is based on evidence - theories and experiments to confirm or not confirm these theories. Not on beliefs. Why is it so damn difficult to keep this difference in mind?

I'm out,
Andreas
Old 4th August 2012, 11:18 PM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundmaus View Post
Isaac Newton compared to esoteric crystal mumbo believers....
Now that is funny.

Hide this!Advertise here!