About the healing effect of Tube-Amplifiers - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2012, 06:06 AM   #21
diyAudio Member
 
Wavebourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkash10 View Post
He is therefore at best confused, at worst a charlatan.
I disagree. At worst he has unique amp, at best he feels better.

I wish everyone to have amps and feel better.
__________________
The Devil is not so terrible as his math model is!
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 06:54 AM   #22
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Jarna
Next bestseller on E-pay wil be DIY 200khz crystal healing amps.

Wonder if the Chinese $299 version will have the same healing effect ??

Or bandwith LOL.

It doesn´t matter what you do when ill,as long as you do something the mind it self is a powerfull healer and if you got your focus set on something you can do miracles.

One of the problems is modern medicine telling people they´re out of hope and then they give up and stop fighting the descease.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 02:45 PM   #23
rdf is offline rdf  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
rdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: big smoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
I disagree. .
I agree with you. Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD? Or thinks they could ‘get away’ with claiming 200 kHz? A better example of placebo effect is the degree to which a garbled technical ‘lifestyle’ report in a small local newspaper is interpreted in the most cynical way so as to maximize feeling good about oneself. Beats draining real resources from the medical system.
__________________
Ears aren't microphones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 04:26 PM   #24
diyAudio Member
 
Wavebourn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Pleasant Hill, CA
Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Any hobby is good for health and balance, any creative work that is pleasant. Not necessary extraordinary results of the work, sometimes the process itself is enough to bring joy, satisfaction, relaxation, meaning to the life.
__________________
The Devil is not so terrible as his math model is!
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 04:50 PM   #25
diyAudio Member
 
Rundmaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdf View Post
Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD?
If the same electrical engineer claims a linear amplifying device needs quartz crystals on top for the 'harmonization', I would question his basic scientific knowledge, yes.

Here in Germany, if you go to 'spa towns' (anyone have a better word for the german 'Kurstadt'?) or other places especially older people like, you can get 'healing stones' and all kinds of little esoteric helpers and devices on almost every street corner.

It is easier to get your health insurance to pay for esoteric nonsense than for a tooth filling.

That's what pisses me off in this article. Not that someone found the strength to survive a stroke and recover from the consequences in his hobby (which is, in fact, a remarkable thing and surely worth a newspaper article). Merely the fact that the credits for the healing are given to a few lumps of quartz and non-existent 'harmonics'.

Greetings,
Andreas

Last edited by Rundmaus; 4th August 2012 at 04:52 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 05:45 PM   #26
diyAudio Member
 
Davec113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdf View Post
I agree with you. Posters here really believe an electrical engineer doesn't understand the response limits of CD? Or thinks they could ‘get away’ with claiming 200 kHz? A better example of placebo effect is the degree to which a garbled technical ‘lifestyle’ report in a small local newspaper is interpreted in the most cynical way so as to maximize feeling good about oneself. Beats draining real resources from the medical system.
Yup. It's obviously the reporter who has the tech wrong. This is, unfortunately, very common for a reporter to get technical facts they are unfamiliar with wrong. There is a lot less proofreading and fact checking than you might think.

I think it's good to keep one's mind open, it makes for less judging.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 07:39 PM   #27
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Md
Magic crystals, now why had I not thought of that. I could illuminate them with the blue LED's that were under my driver stage. Or, use tri-color, voltage controllable as "mood" crystals, the color changes to unhappy color when the rails dip. "Moodey amp" nice ring to it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 09:01 PM   #28
rdf is offline rdf  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
rdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: big smoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundmaus View Post
If the same electrical engineer claims a linear amplifying device needs quartz crystals on top for the 'harmonization', I would question his basic scientific knowledge, yes.
Fortunate then those who think that way weren't in a position to decide Isaac Newton's fate. He had crazy beliefs too.
__________________
Ears aren't microphones.
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 09:22 PM   #29
diyAudio Member
 
Rundmaus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Isaac Newton compared to esoteric crystal mumbo believers - I think this is a good point for me to get out of this discussion, should have known the way it would develop and not posted a single reply at all.

Science is based on evidence - theories and experiments to confirm or not confirm these theories. Not on beliefs. Why is it so damn difficult to keep this difference in mind?

I'm out,
Andreas
  Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2012, 11:18 PM   #30
rdf is offline rdf  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
rdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: big smoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundmaus View Post
Isaac Newton compared to esoteric crystal mumbo believers....
Now that is funny.
__________________
Ears aren't microphones.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tube Preamp as a Guitar Effect fresno Tubes / Valves 4 28th March 2007 02:20 AM
Effect of feedback in Class-D amplifiers Workhorse Class D 21 19th August 2005 06:18 PM
tube distortion effect. jim Tubes / Valves 7 5th March 2005 07:57 AM
effect of fT(min) of transistors in amplifiers Wagener Solid State 3 4th May 2004 07:48 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 01:43 PM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2