About the healing effect of Tube-Amplifiers - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2012, 11:22 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Well, the guy got better - if he wants to attribute it to his amp, whatever. The packaging is different, at least. I get sort of tired of seeing the same old box with tubes and XFMRs poking out the top. I have some marble sheets down in the basement that would make a lovely case if I ever get fond enough of one of my creations to enshrine it in such a manner. Read William Gibson's "Idoru" for more inspiration - one of the protagonists lugs around a laptop customized by a funky firm knbown as "Sandbenders".
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:27 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
200 or not 200 KHz does not matter. What matters, he found the way to convince his body to heal the damage. In Ancient Egypt they (supposedly) did not have vacuum tubes; however sandstones they had.
But what they did for programming their bodies, they discussed with Priest/Scientist/Healer/Astronomer, what they want. He (or she, men and women had equal rights) wrote on a peace of paper what was requested, put it in a bowl with special water. Then the person who wanted that change had to eat the paper and drink the water. However, paper and water can't convince modern citizen of Western Civilization, but Kilohertz, Magnet Fields, Vacuum Tubes, can. It was costly procedure then, may be equivalent of 5,000 Euro to build an amp, so decision had to be serious, and seriously taken. And it helped to do miracles!
No matter what he used for his amp. But if he did that with LOVE please stop laughing!

Last edited by Wavebourn; 3rd August 2012 at 11:31 PM.
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:45 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Wavebourn,

I did not want to laugh at that guy, sorry if my post sounded like that. Surviving a stroke and recovering from it is surely hard stuff - not many people succeed in that - and I really wish him all the best.

But I must admit that I am somewhat allergic when people start explaining the successful recovery with esoteric stuff like quartz harmonization and 200kHz harmonics from a CD and omnidirectional speakers. Working hard on himself and on the amp made him get back some control over his body that had been lost due to the damage occurred in the stroke. And probably his belief that it would help.

Certainly *not* the harmonic crystals or the 200kHz his source wasn't even able to reproduce. I think that has to be said clearly in such a case.

Greetings,
Andreas
Old 3rd August 2012, 11:50 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

What if belief *exactly* in 200 kHz and crystals was needed for him to recover? Put him back down, no?

I can personally live without 200 KHz crystals, and probably laugh aloud on proud sellers of patented crystal bags to improve cable sounds, but in this particular case I would hesitate to comment.
Old 4th August 2012, 12:12 AM   #15
popilin is offline popilin  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Many years ago I constructed an electromagnetotherapy device for osteoarthritis of my mom.
Its use has delayed several years her surgical procedure.
Although it is embarrassing to say, I cured my hemorrhoids!
It also relieves almost every type of pain.

It is assumed that some frequencies restore the potential difference between the core and membrane of cells.
Old 4th August 2012, 12:26 AM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rundmaus View Post
Difficult to start, so much audiophile ******** in one place. And my god, it's practically my neighbour, less than 40km away o.O

Things to laugh about as hard as possible without falling off the chair:

* sandstone for the magnetic shielding, yeah

* quartz for the harmonization, whatever that is

* music from CD containing significant amounts of 200kHz harmonics

Common sense gets more and more rare in my country, I am afraid...

Andreas
I was educated with "DER STRUWWELPETER", I also have relatives and friends in Germany.
Older generations tend to think that Germans don't lie.
In most cases this is true, but there are exceptions.

A German friend of mine in Argentina made airplanes with his father.
He now works in Germany at BMW, one day he was finishing a model, a supervisor asked
- Very good work! What is it?
My friend kidding answered
- Shhh, it's a piece for Mercedes Benz...
He gave a lot of work to explain it was a joke, almost loses his job!
Old 4th August 2012, 02:27 AM   #17
diyAudio Member

There is an odd, big blue, boulder in one of the small nearby rivers that our local group kayaks on regularly. Since it had been bugging some of the members as to what it was, I came up with a little fun one day. I jokingly made a point of touching it and said "My knee! It's cured!" and I was able to stand up in the kayak on the water. Since nothing was wrong with my knee in the first place, it was a pretty convincing "cure". The younger kayakers just laughed along with me. But now I notice some of the older kayakers make sure to touch it every time we go by it. Hey, you never know. Someday someone will probably claim they got better from something else as well.

Then the hoards will come to our little river and we will have to find another place to kayak! The placebo effect is powerful, if you believe potent magic stuff is going to help you, your brain will at least stop getting in the way with failure mode thinking. No magic cures for objective scientists though.

Last edited by smoking-amp; 4th August 2012 at 02:57 AM.
Old 4th August 2012, 02:47 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoking-amp View Post
Then the hoards will come to our river and we will have to find another place to kayak! The placebo effect is powerful, if you believe potent magic stuff is going to help you, your brain will at least stop getting in the way with failure mode thinking. No magic cures for objective scientists though.
Clinical studies demonstrate that even absolutely stubborn scientifically believers got certain percent of cures from placebo effect. For example in clinical trials some patients are getting real medications, some are getting placebo. In placebo groups there are also improvements. And results of medicine are compared not with average level of control group that does not get any medications, but with level of placebo effect, that is higher than average level. And it does not depend on level of education, cultural background of patients, and so on. The point is, when patients expect cure, they more probably are getting it. Placebo effect is now considered by integrative medicine doctors as the main force in healing, while other means just help fight the decease. Immune system, endocrine system, autonomic nervous system, central nervous system, and consciousness of each organ, cell, subsystem, are considered as one system with multiple subsystems. And placebo effect is exactly an effect of such oneness.
Old 4th August 2012, 03:44 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Clinical studies demonstrate that even absolutely stubborn scientifically believers got certain percent of cures from placebo effect. ... And placebo effect is exactly an effect of such oneness.
All true Wave, but this is not what he amp builder is saying. He seems convinced (like a lot of believers in any "alternative modality") that it is because of some unseeable and esoteric effect.

He is therefore at best confused, at worst a charlatan.
Old 4th August 2012, 04:22 AM   #20
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkash10 View Post
All true Wave, but this is not what he amp builder is saying. He seems convinced (like a lot of believers in any "alternative modality") that it is because of some unseeable and esoteric effect.

He is therefore at best confused, at worst a charlatan.
Herr Stahlhut has at least three causes for improvement
1.- Electromagnetic fields.
2.- Placebo effect.
3.- Building an amplifier, esoteric or not, requires thinking, and that helps to restore the brain's synapses.

It may be that someone builds amplifiers without thinking, but do not think that this is the case.

Hide this!Advertise here!