diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/)
-   -   Horror movies (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/216509-horror-movies.html)

Marianengle 20th July 2012 08:14 AM

Horror movies

Hello guys,tell me the name of your top 5 horror movies.These are my top 5 favorite horror movies
-Absentia
-The Rite
-The Resident
-Rubber
-Scream 40

SY 20th July 2012 09:39 AM

Freaks, Videodrome, Night of the Living Dead, Motel Hell, and Whispers of the Wolf.

M Gregg 20th July 2012 10:10 AM

This is a hard one,

The horror films I liked have become old and a bit naff with age..
So looking at when they were good..

Anything by Steven King..

The Evil Dead, Hellraiser, life force, The crow. More modern..Saw (only a select few), Alien<<its a bit long in the tooth..:D

The resident stuff was ok not a fan of Jump..Jump..Jump<<story could have been better..

Real old Night of the demon, Fiend without a face, The skull, the devil rides out, rosemarys baby..

What film was it that a MONK with a walking stick that took over the town and took a child as his own? The stick turnes into s snake?

Special effects arn't the top with me..if the story suffers..
Also after a few experiences (you have to be a selective watcher)..in my case very selective...
I like Pitch black<<not sure if its SCIFI or Horror<<mild

Regards
M. Gregg

M Gregg 20th July 2012 10:46 AM

Paranormal activity..<<<I know a few people that wish that had given this one a miss...:warped:
Have I used up five yet?
Regards
M. Gregg

kevinahcc20 20th July 2012 01:57 PM

If by top you mean the ones that scared the beejesus out of you my top is the original Time Machine with Rod Taylor...morlocks under the bed & in the closet for months after seeing it - I was 7 at the time!

mickeymoose 20th July 2012 03:21 PM

And the Hitchcock comedy: Psycho

M Gregg 20th July 2012 03:32 PM

I liked Constantine..

I guess these are mild fun...I just like the story lines..

What was the short stories that had the small carved doll come to life when the chain dropped of its waste? Fried in the microwave...

It was a Very long time ago I was quite young my friend and myself watched Night of the Demon on a Tv in the back room parents didn't know<<<Scared the C*** out of me. Its a real comic now but when you are young<<again the story is still good..special effects are rubbish...

Warlock<<now there is a strange film you either like or hate it..the sequel is rubbish..A bit low budget type films...

Titan Find...Old but quite scary..(Very dated)

Regards
M. Gregg

M Gregg 21st July 2012 08:16 AM

I'm surprised..

not many takers on this one?....:hypno2: wow...no movie watchers?...

Nobody even mentioned the Blob<<<a bit like the spoof the stuff...

Regards
M. Gregg

Serge66 21st July 2012 08:22 AM

Hi,
The Hills Have Eyes.
Event Horizon

Cheers,

Serge

M Gregg 21st July 2012 08:47 AM

I mentioned the Skull..

A realy old 1965 film...Again watched in a back room with a friend when very young (parents didn't know)... Found a clip...

The Skull (1965) Trailer - YouTube

Regards
M. Gregg