UFOs, Black Projects, Shadow Goverments ETC. - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 29th June 2012, 12:24 AM   #21
popilin is offline popilin  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Ancient people were good astronomers, so they calculated time according to planetary conditions. Solstices, equinoxes marked ordinary years. Longer periods were marked by constellations. They knew about precession of Earth axis, and 2012 marked the end of long cycle about 26 thousand years. "End of world" does not mean end of life, like end of year dos not mean it.
Agree.
They also knew the precession of Moon axis.

Let me tell an anecdote
In a distant place, long ago, I was given homework: "Precession of the Equinoxes" that involves the movement of the earth and moon.
Sounds good, but measured bad.
I don't remember if to being original, or just ignorance, chose as "high-end tool" the multipole expansion in spherical harmonics.
It took me fifteen days to make the calculations, and at that time I did not think so slowly !
Since then is difficult to me understand how did the ancient civilizations for such a feat.
Maybe that explains the alien theories.
Even worse there are those who mix this
The Mayan Calendar | Calendars
With this
Axial precession - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Somehow they made a tricky match....
The numbers can always be arranged, I can show that the height of Cheops's pyramid, fits M times in any astronomical distance.
M is a magic number and I am a new prophet.
Let me clarify what I meant of the Mayans, is that the end of their calendar does not mean the end of the world.

Пока!

Old 29th June 2012, 05:32 PM   #22
CBS240 is offline CBS240  United States
diyAudio Member

WRT acient astronimy, the realitivily recent discoveries of sites such as Gobekli Tepe and others, it seems civilization did not originate in the fertile crecent. It seems there was a lot going on long before then. I suspect we will find more about man's so called advancments that went on wayyyyy back, before the great flood ending the last ice age. I suspect these ancient societies were more advanced than we give credit. Of course there are stories that seem to indicate this in some of the most renowed books that have survived over the milinea, even if a bit cryptic in their wordings. It may not all be just made up rubbish.

The skull found in Mexico seems very odd in that the features do not seem to jive with modern or archaic species of human. Multiple teeth buds, no frontal sinus cavities, depth of and placement of the optic nerve opening in the back of the eye sockets? These features are hard to explain as a simple genitic anomaly or mutation, givin the perfect symmetry of the skull. Very talented skull shaping techniques like the cone heads? Perhaps, but that doesn't explain all the anomalies with this particular specimen.

Last edited by CBS240; 29th June 2012 at 05:53 PM.

Old 29th June 2012, 05:41 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS240 View Post
With the realitivily recent discoveries of sites such as Gobekli Tepe and others, it seems civilization did not originate in the fertile crecent. It seems there was a lot going on long before then. I suspect we will find more about man's so called advancments that went on wayyyyy back, before the great flood ending the last ice age. I suspect these ancient societies were more advanced than we give credit. Of course there are stories that seem to indicate this in some of the most renowed books that have survived over the milinea, even if a bit cryptic in their wordings.
Platon mentioned Atlantis. If other his writings are well respected, why his mentioning of Atlantis is considered as a myth? Because it was politically correct to think that civilization started by Greeks and advanced by Romans. While it is known that Greek philosophers got their knowledge in Egypt. Egyptians who taught Greeks also mentioned that they got their knowledge from Gods, who were first Egypt rulers. Who were that Gods, why they were considered to be Gods, and where did they get such knowledge? No doubt, from previous highly developed civilization.

Old 29th June 2012, 05:48 PM   #24
rdf is offline rdf  Canada
diyAudio Member

Modern research strongly suggests Atlantis was the Minoans, their civilization effectively wiped out by a horrific tsunami generated by a volcanic explosion on a neighboring island.

Sinking Atlantis ~ The Fall of the Minoans | Secrets of the Dead | PBS

True skeptics are more skeptical of skeptics.

Old 29th June 2012, 06:04 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

I was going to mention the famous 'vimanas' mentioned in Indian mythology. these are 3 to 5000 years old or even older. They described flying machines meant for specific distances like city to city or 'overseas'.
Have a look at this web site:
Ancient Aircraft - Crystalinks
Interesting.

Note that it is rumoured ( not sure if it's a proven fact ) that the Germans took away many texts written in sanskrit which were 'manuals' on how to fly different types of Vimanas ! Even more interesting !

Old 29th June 2012, 06:39 PM   #26
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashok View Post
I was going to mention the famous 'vimanas' mentioned in Indian mythology. these are 3 to 5000 years old or even older. They described flying machines meant for specific distances like city to city or 'overseas'.
Have a look at this web site:
Ancient Aircraft - Crystalinks
Interesting.

!
I guess this plaster of paris has been carbon dated..

I guess it was realy hard to get it to date way back to 1983?

Oh look we are not alone..no we have my mate next door who mixed the plaster..

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited by M Gregg; 29th June 2012 at 06:48 PM.

Old 29th June 2012, 07:04 PM   #27
popilin is offline popilin  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Platon mentioned Atlantis. If other his writings are well respected, why his mentioning of Atlantis is considered as a myth? Because it was politically correct to think that civilization started by Greeks and advanced by Romans. While it is known that Greek philosophers got their knowledge in Egypt. Egyptians who taught Greeks also mentioned that they got their knowledge from Gods, who were first Egypt rulers. Who were that Gods, why they were considered to be Gods, and where did they get such knowledge? No doubt, from previous highly developed civilization.
Homero mentioned Troy, and all considered it a myth, but Schliemann.

Platon was a very intelligent man, also was not blind.

If Schliemann believed to Homero, Why not believe to Platon?

Old 29th June 2012, 07:07 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to vdi_nenna
Researchers recently found a hidden Myan room.
This was like a classroom the master taught their students about calendars...or something like that.
They found other calendars that go on for ages.

Maya calendar workshop documents time beyond 2012 - Cosmic Log

Last edited by vdi_nenna; 29th June 2012 at 07:09 PM.

Old 29th June 2012, 07:24 PM   #29
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have a question,

Its meant to be serious and not meant to be sarcastic..

Why would people think, that people did not have an imagination or a sense of humour in the past?

Because its an old drawing its got to be deadly serious?..
people would not imagine anything?
or have a laugh saying to their friend wait till people open this time capsule lets get them guessing...

The old brilliant mathematicians would never set things in jest or known unsolvable problems?

Or people write things deliberatley meant to cause panic or problems in the future? (cast spells)<<written incitation

Regards
M. Gregg

Old 29th June 2012, 07:31 PM   #30
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Quote:
I have always suspected you Bourn, not from around here are you ......
Why after thousands of years in the dark has most of our development taken place in the last 150 yrs ...

Just saying ....

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!