diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/)
-   -   Heading for Chicago (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/lounge/214300-heading-chicago.html)

SY 11th June 2012 07:14 PM

Heading for Chicago

As a few of my friends here know, I've been talking with a company up in Chicago about changing careers. At this point, everything is final and I should be hitting the Windy City sometime in the middle of next week. I'll really miss the music scene in Austin, not to mention my great friends, but I hope some of the Chicago-area audio geeks will introduce themselves, come up for a visit, and give me hints on where I should be cruising for great live music. We'll be situated up near the WI border (Grayslake), so it will be a quick train ride downtown.

I'll be the one with the cowboy hat, boots, spurs, and ten pound belt buckle.

brianco 11th June 2012 07:21 PM

Keep your cowboy hat tied down!

Hope that you find success, make friends, see your true friends often and that all goes well.

DF96 11th June 2012 07:28 PM

No more Polymer Man? Or, like Doctor Who, will he transform into something new?

Hope the move goes well.

Tea-Bag 11th June 2012 07:30 PM

I've seen the real audiophile thrill Patricia Barber here.

:: Calendar

And enjoy Reckless Records when I've been in town - now two times, on business :)

Never Park illegally downtown. Got my car towed in like 5 minutes flat. Best of luck SY.

SY 11th June 2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tea-Bag (Post 3055855)

Never Park illegally downtown. Got my car towed in like 5 minutes flat.

This is why I take trains whenever possible!

Dave, I'll be peripherally doing polymers, but this is a return to wet chemistry for me, especially silanes and fluorotelomers.

popilin 11th June 2012 07:59 PM

It may seem a silly question...

Will you continue taking care of us, here in the forum?

SY 11th June 2012 08:20 PM

Of course I will. This will be my fourth job (and location) since joining.

Something funny I forgot to mention: After several interviews by phone, I was flown up for a series of face-to-face interviews. The president of the division picked me up at the airport, and while driving over, he said, "I googled you and found your personal website." "Uh-oh," I thought. He then added, "By the way, I'm big into tubes and vinyl."

I took that as a positive sign. :D

dsavitsk 11th June 2012 08:26 PM

Welcome! I am thrilled you finally found your way here.

sonidos 11th June 2012 08:36 PM

What!!!*!#$^$%&@!! (garbled Texas cursing)

SY, you mean I have to fight the Texas rattlesnakes and all their snake oil all by my lonesome!!!

popilin 11th June 2012 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 3055949)
Of course I will. This will be my fourth job (and location) since joining.

Phew, well guys, we can keep fighting...:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by SY (Post 3055949)
Something funny I forgot to mention: After several interviews by phone, I was flown up for a series of face-to-face interviews. The president of the division picked me up at the airport, and while driving over, he said, "I googled you and found your personal website." "Uh-oh," I thought. He then added, "By the way, I'm big into tubes and vinyl."

Did you think you're famous for a cork?:D

The greatest of luck with the change !;)