Are there any Female Members Here?? - Page 8 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th November 2003, 11:35 PM   #71
diyAudio Member

hey~! Cool..there's a female here...haha...anyways...nice to meet you...
Old 26th November 2003, 09:05 AM   #72
Netlist is offline Netlist  Belgium
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bobbi,
Looking at your posts and your DIY projects, I certainly stand in great admiration for your work.
Your well detailed and to the point replies makes it more than worthwhile to have you around.
I for one think it’s a pity that this male-female thing holds you away from us more than you like yourself.
This opposition goes on ever since human kind exists, it’s simply part of our nature and this thread will certainly not change it.
Quote:
Originally posted by RogueAngel
There are alot of moronic postings by a few of you that make it very uncomfortable to be here on this site. (Just read a few of the posts above). It's really a shame that so much of the male population just doesn't get it
I would rather prefer you could laugh with our “machismo”. Makes life easier.
Try to look at it in a positive way. I’m convinced that the vast majority of the members here will not dislike you because you are a woman.
A few of the above posts (Circlotron, Bakmeel) point very well to the reason of our bare existence.
But who am I to tell you how to feel about man?

/Hugo – with great respect, and hopes he did ‘Get it’
Old 27th November 2003, 09:26 AM   #73
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Default I might live to regret this but WTH!

OK guys RogueAngel has a point. The general attitude seems to be that women aren't into or interested in electronics, and therefore you wouldn't find any on this forum. I'm not saying we are all blatantly guilty but, it's easy not to think twice when posting something which might be considered sexist. I'm not saying we need to go overboard on political correctness but.......

To make things worse if there are any women here then we are asking them to step forward and announce it (hey I'm pretty hesitant to reveal any personal details on the Internet as I suspect a lot of you are, so think for a sec what it must be like to be worried you'll be treated like a novelty if you do step forward)....

The point is that any women who are here are here because they enjoy DIY audio just like everyone else, and shouldn't be treated any differently. The forum is for discussing audio not for finding a girlfriend, I'm sure there are other forums for that purpose

I made a post to circlotron tonight which would probably be considered politically incorrect I mentioned WAF (Wife Appreciation factor) probably should have said PAF (Partner appreciation factor). Just another example of the stereotype!

I know I have occasionally seen some projects that I personally wouldn't like to have in my living room. Aesthetics/taste isn't something restricted to the female population.

RogueAngel you mention half naked women in avatars, I can only think of one that I have seen which would come close to this description (in fact I can only think of one that had a woman in it at all). You could always say something to one of the mods, if you find something particularly offensive, and ask them to subtly say something to the offending party(s)

I think it's a very sad state of affairs if RogueAngel feels we won't value her input because she isn't a man!

regards,

Tony.
Old 27th November 2003, 09:30 AM   #74
diyAudio Member

I'm pretty sure all of us will value your input..hell anyone's input is good...to a certain exent...I actually started this thread to find out how many females there are in this forum...coz I was kinda curious...guess it somehoe led to the girlfriend thingy...
Old 30th November 2003, 10:04 AM   #75
diyAudio Member

Look! Here's a real sweetheart. And she's just taking a rest from building a sub that must be about 1.2 metres cube judging by the scale.
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showt...128#post273128
Old 7th December 2003, 11:53 AM   #76
Magura is offline Magura  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Hmm....a few comments....

The WAF has no sexism to it what so ever, but is based on the simple fact that 999 out of 1000 DIY'ers are men, hence the fact that the proud creator of the respective scarecrow have to convince his partner...wich in most cases would be a woman (at least i prefer it to be, but taste difers) ...the wife, that it can stay in the livingroom ...even it looks like **** and is potentiallly dangerous

About the male dominated world electronics is, there is just one thing to say, lets take a look at a female dominated world (my wifes office job is a good example, since i got all the sleezy deatils )....where should we start.....naked male centerfolds at the toilet and on the desktop on the comp....and so on...no better than any male dominated place ive seen, just the other way around

Magura
Old 23rd October 2004, 07:26 PM   #77
Electrons are yellow and more is better!
diyAudio Member

Default Re: If you could only see me shaking my head....

Quote:
Originally posted by RogueAngel
There are alot of moronic postings by a few of you that make it very uncomfortable to be here on this site. (Just read a few of the posts above). It's really a shame that so much of the male population just doesn't get it.

We, the moderators are very concerned about the general attitude here at diyAudio and we try hard to keep this place nice and clean. Our goal is to keep the level at a good adult/mature level which doesn't exclude young people at all. It's only about treating everybody with respect and think about that this is a international forum.

We can't be everywhere so please report a post if you feel that actions must be taken. RogueAngel feel very much welcome and don't tolerate anything, report it if it is a clear rule breaking.

Luckily the "report" button is rather little used. Thanks for that.

Hide this!Advertise here!