Kendeil K05 or Mundorf M-Lytic PSU caps - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th February 2012, 02:59 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Kendeil K05 or Mundorf M-Lytic PSU caps

Hi everyone.

Has anyone compared Kendeil K05 with Mundorf M-Lytic AG?

I've been looking to replace two 10.000uf 50v caps with either of these, but can't decide nor find any opinion regarding this.

I can't find any Siemens Sikorel around, and I think they can't fit my amp.

Also, I will be using 63v instead of the 50v, but can I place 15.000uf caps? Will I benefit anything from doing this?

Thank you all!
Old 8th February 2012, 01:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

So, no one cares to kindly answer?

Just tell me if I can use 15.000uF instead of the 10.000uF and will I get any benefit in doing this?
Old 21st February 2012, 12:19 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

I have used Mundorf in various occasions. I have no experience on this Kendeil K05 but Iīve used also Nichicon KG and Panasonic, Rubycon, Siemens. All from these Mundorf has been sonically superior. By-pass it with some nice small poly and thatīs it.

-Kimmo
Old 21st February 2012, 12:45 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to sq225917
I have used the Kendeils and Mundorfs in a few projects, notably rectifier smoother boards for pre-amps. There's less difference between the sound of either of them than there is between a Murata and a Q-speed diode IME.

More of less capactiance, who knows what difference you will get, I'd suggest the trade off would be between smaller lower ESR caps and higher value higher ESR ones. All things being equal I'd Paralell 3 x 10,000uf rather than use 2x 15,000uf
Old 22nd February 2012, 02:37 PM   #5
Account disabled at member's request

Also look at these
BHC - AudioCap Limited
Serious audiocaps, especially the T networks although more expensive.
Rifa peh169 probably the best but some restrictions.
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:50 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by homemodder View Post
Also look at these
BHC - AudioCap Limited
Serious audiocaps, especially the T networks although more expensive.
Rifa peh169 probably the best but some restrictions.
What restrictions do you mean regarding the rifa caps?
Old 23rd February 2012, 10:57 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Thank you everyone for your answers.

I don't think I can fit 3x10.000uF... I know 2 fit, but 3 should be too much.

Regarding BHC, I have read a few bad reviews. AFAIK, the best ones were the ALC20, these were great, but are not available anymore. Those T-Network are too expensive. I am looking at Kendeils costing 1/5th of that, and should be good enough. At least they are for Naim...
Old 23rd February 2012, 12:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASantos View Post
What restrictions do you mean regarding the rifa caps?
This capacitor needs to be mounted upright or in a horizontal position but with an incline. It has a breathing vent so you cannout mount it like other caps with the leads into a pcb, the leads, in this case the screws need to be turned upwards or the pcb should be mounted on top of the caps.
Old 23rd February 2012, 01:09 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulci View Post
Thank you everyone for your answers.

I don't think I can fit 3x10.000uF... I know 2 fit, but 3 should be too much.

Regarding BHC, I have read a few bad reviews. AFAIK, the best ones were the ALC20, these were great, but are not available anymore. Those T-Network are too expensive. I am looking at Kendeils costing 1/5th of that, and should be good enough. At least they are for Naim...
I think youll find those giving those reviews are just biased, I find 20 good reviews to 1 bad review. In the good reviews concerning BHC they are rated even or better than Kendeils, the specs show this as well. I have several amps using these some are 20 years old, cap leakage tests show they are still within 15 percent of their new state, Ive never encountered a cap behaving this well. This feat is said to be found with the rifas as well.
Old 31st July 2014, 05:46 PM   #10
polaron is offline polaron  France
diyAudio Member

HI!
I am looking for 6800uf - 35volt caps to upgrade a creek amp. So far I only found some
NKG-080 - 6800uF 35V Nichicon KG Type, Gold Tune, snap-in
[NKG-080].
I know they are not bad, But I'd prefer Kendeil or BHC... or Mundorfs, of course, but I didn't find the right values.
If I will not find what I want I guess I'll buy the KG Elnas that are not bad at all and
"By-pass it with some nice small poly and thatīs it".
My question is : what values can I use to by pass psu caps with 6800uf and 35 volts?
Better, can someone give me some specific examples of a few caps to use in this aplication? PLEASE!!!
In this Creek integrated, the old 4040 that I allways liked a lot, the circuit board is populated with some litle blue caps - 10uf, 1uf, 22 uf... all with 50volts. They have just a decent quality I guess - they're rubycons.
I decided to replace them by Cerafines. Do you experienced diyers agree with this choice?
Thanks again for your help and advise.

Last edited by polaron; 31st July 2014 at 05:49 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!