Kendeil K05 or Mundorf M-Lytic PSU caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
On resistors that a can of worm so to speak . If it a load resistor from output cap to ground a low noise one will do fine. If it in the signal path like after the cap to the jack usually 45 to 300 ohm that a big question of taste . from vishay to tantalum to carbon film . Cost from .25 to 20 euro each .4 to 1 watt is more than big enough . What does the schematic look like. My chose would be based on the schematic and the rest of the system . That signal resistor has a lot to do with taste to me if it is quiet enough first. Since there is some current flowing the film carbon or metal need to be chosen with care.

Last edited:
From a subjective point of view, I want to give this preamp a more clear sound and less syrup...
It has the EVO mundorfs in the output, that will be changed by the clarity caps MR.
The carbon volume pot - one dollar - , will be changed to a TDK pot, not those 200 us but those around 45... those like Audio Note pots.
It is a good preamp if you want to use it as a sound "filter". I prefer to put it out of the system, not to use it, but if I can change it in a way that it is not so "thick" and syrup, it will be ok. It has qualities, it makes a huge sound, big soundstage and it has rythm... It is also very transparent, in a way that it has a lot of litle information, details.
So I need a sharp not agressive resistor.
I also know that I need around 50k for output level.

(I'm waiting for Sonicraft response, about BGs...

Last edited:
first resistor is good second look like a run of the mill metal film and not that qiuet +- 100ppm but high price. Look at step volume controls some on ebay about 28 USD so when you find your favorite setting replacing the resistors with better ones will improve the sound stage a good bit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.