am/fm tuner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking for a decent am/fm (vintage) tuner on ebay.

Any suggestions? I really like the sansui tu 717 or an older scott tube tuner.

Tuner Information Centre is a valuable resource: Tuner Information Center - Vintage Stereo Tuners :)
My favorite tuners are pioneer TX9500, and TX7500 Yamaha CT1010 ,Quad FM4 and Marantz ST50 , not everyone's choice but I find them good. A good way of assessing the very good from the not so good is the number of tuning gangs indicating sensitivity.

Cheers / Chris

Sure, the old analog is beautiful. Tubes sentimental. Unfortunately, the really good vintage units are fabulously expensive and they just can't perform as well as a good digital tuner. But you can pick up something like a Nak ST-7 or Pioneer 92 for only money. I grabbed a Kenwood 880D pretty cheap too. All of the mentioned have a front end good enough not to be disturbed by a station that has a HD simulcast. Of course, anything over about ten years old needs a session in a good shop. I had a Denon 630 for years, and it was pretty sweet. Analog transistor.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.