Deer Takes Down Hunter - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 29th November 2011, 07:50 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Deer Takes Down Hunter

It's getting harder out there every day folks.

Quote:
ALBION, Ind. -- A northeastern Indiana hunter has died after struggling with a buck he had just shot.

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources says 62-year-old Paul Smith of Fort Wayne died Monday during a deer reduction hunt at Chain O'Lakes State Park about 20 miles northwest of the city. It says the Noble County coroner says the death was due to a lacerated liver, possibly suffered during the struggle. ...Full Story

Old 29th November 2011, 08:25 PM   #2
jerryo is offline jerryo  Isle of Man
diyAudio Member

It's just "Mother Nature" re-balancing the books a little.

Old 29th November 2011, 08:33 PM   #3
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Every time a hunter tells me that, "It's a sport," I respond, "If you try to kill the deer with your bare hands so he's got a chance to kill you as well, then sure." Seems this guy couldn't even manage with a gun...

Old 29th November 2011, 09:01 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Part of the "sport" would be knowing your quarry. No overtime for this contest; it's officially a tie.

Old 29th November 2011, 09:17 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

And then there was:

MMA fighter killed by falling cow | Off the Bench

Old 29th November 2011, 09:53 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Well it is hunting season here so when I visit a country church I have to be sure to wear an orange vest to avoid being mistaken for a deer.

On the other hand deer running onto the road are a real problem. Hit one at speed and they often will flip up through the windshield and take you with them. I had one buck run right in front of me, fortunately no one was behind me, so I was able to stop just touching him. He ran off towards the interstate highway.

What seems to be happening is that the deer are learning to get close to houses during the hunting season as hunters are not allowed there.

Old 29th November 2011, 10:01 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I understand that here in the UK you must not take your own roadkill as it is classed as poaching. However you can take other peoples roadkill!
Basically if someone runs a Deer down they cannot stick it in their own Car but the driver behind them can do so legally.
In other words you cannot profit from your own bumper damage!

Old 29th November 2011, 10:09 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

South Texas is big time deer hunting country. Whitetails are everywhere. Around here though, if you're found in possession of a carcass, it better have a legal tag.
Ever been to the Grand Canyon? Those deer around the south lodge are so used to people you can get within 20 feet of them. That's cool.

Old 29th November 2011, 10:14 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

I didn't know you could actually die from just a liver injury. Must've been something around the liver that was damaged too.

Old 29th November 2011, 10:15 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
. . . I respond, "If you try to kill the deer with your bare hands so he's got a chance to kill you as well, then sure."
Is the atch photo more like what you have in mind? It may say something about the character of folks in Michigan, and goes along with what I've said here about U.P. weather: "It helps keep the riff-raff out.". The original photo link (with comments) is < Past-E-Mail >

Dale
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Deer_Bike_Nov2002.jpg (26.8 KB, 183 views)

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!