'Stereo' sound of 16th-century

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I remember such computers in grocery stores...

518px-Schoty_abacus.jpg

Fine jokes, but for sure you guys already knew that "they" (the Romans) invented the bass trapp more than 2000 years ago, that this invention was included in numerous European churches till the 14 th century before being forgotten. I took the modern works of Helmholtz to understand this 500 years later. Pick up any link here .

"They" invented also the chorus, or something approaching, this in the bronze age. If you have been in the Treasury of Atreus, you can't miss it so much it's amazing (but stay in the exact center of the ogive to enjoy the full effect).

To go back in the 17th century Italy, "they" used also echo in music. I guess not everybody owns a record of the Sonata in Eco con tre violini (Biaggio Marini), those who know music reading can check up the score. The baroque composers were also using a lot of other tricks in the range of elaborated acoustical illusion. More details here in Al's Bregman page.

I have to agree with one of the comments on the article. Who pasted the term "Stereo" on this? Pretty bad writing and editing.
Agreed! I wish so-called journalists would do as their noun suggests; that they journal, as in accurately record the events, facts and circumstances. Pretty shortly, the world will also run out of hyperbole because hyperbole is now common place rather that unusual.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.