Sound Quality Vs. Measurements - Page 840 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th February 2013, 06:38 PM   #8391
dvv is offline dvv  Serbia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarso View Post
Can anyone decode his nicks in that wild post and the actual ones in here? From the description about the attacks on JC and the mention of the MC pre-pre I managed to figure out who one of them was, and made another likely match based on the association with chemistry, but after that I couldn't get further.

Not that it matters that much.
I can't, and frankly Brad, I don't give a damn. The instant the word "attack" appears and is in context, I have lost all interest.

Who needs to attack anyone? Only those who have nothing else to show for themselves. Who needs to attack JC, or Torsten? Only nobodies who are failed wannabes. If for example I disagree with say John or Thorsen, there are many ways for me to let them know in a civilized way, something an attack is not by default. It is disrespectful, and I find that in most cases, disrespect is personal anger with one's own failure to impress.

Seems a bit pointless to even mention good manners, home upbringing, these seem to be things from the past, all but forgotten.
Old 11th February 2013, 08:08 PM   #8392
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Quote:
Can anyone decode his nicks in that wild post and the actual ones in here? From the description about the attacks on JC and the mention of the MC pre-pre I managed to figure out who one of them was, and made another likely match based on the association with chemistry, but after that I couldn't get further.

Not that it matters that much.
Precisely , it matters not ...

The audio field today is too girlie , girlie for me , everyone thinks theirs is the best and cant get it when they are being poked at , Look at the responses over the BQP ...

I want to hear what it does , the rest is all hilarious to me , obvious to those measuring its a glorified resistor , or is it ...

If TL. Pokes , poke back , but it better be good , he respects that, same as watching JC poke fun with his half answers and claims , he must be chuckling up a storm ...

Hi end instigator ....

Last edited by a.wayne; 11th February 2013 at 08:11 PM.
Old 11th February 2013, 08:15 PM   #8393
Sin Bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioLapDance View Post
He's over at another place:
DIYHiFi.org • Index page

And if you like 'backhanded responses', he made a dooozie in here!
DIYHiFi.org • View topic - Any of you guys look at NWAvGuy's Blog or his ODAC?

Classic T ...........
Old 11th February 2013, 08:22 PM   #8394
bcarso is offline bcarso  United States
diyAudio Member

Well sometimes I've gotten a little sensitive, so I wanted to see if I'd been called out for transgressions. But again, it doesn't matter much. I can't find an applicable quotation from Nietzsche at the moment and perhaps that's also as well

And as Stan Freberg parodying Joe Friday said, "Just the facts ma'am".
Old 12th February 2013, 06:54 AM   #8395
diyAudio Member

What makes Thorsten stand out from most, in my view, is that in all these years, I have never once seen him criticize anything without substantiating it.

He never says: "This is wrong, you blew it!", rather:"This could be better if you ......". THIS is what gives him the substance most others don't have. It doesn't really matter whether I agree with him or not, the point is he does positive criticism. A form of art almost forgotten these days. Even if I know his first comment will most probably be: "FET it, baby!"

Thankfully, while the circle of those who do that here (and there, and everywhere) is small, it is not limited to Thorsten alone. People like myself can and do learn a lot from such constructive criticism. I do this for fun, I am self-taught, and still honest enough with myself to know that I cannot compete with people to whom this is their profession, and especially not with people who have been doing for 30+ years and have already made their mark.

I only wish John was a little more overtly critical. I know many people don't take kindly to criticism of any kind, and all I ask is that if someone tells me something could be better that he should clearly point out how and why. I am not likely to make a gross mistake, but there are so many fine points there seems to be no end to them - THIS is where help is most appreciated.
Old 12th February 2013, 06:58 AM   #8396
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Well sometimes I've gotten a little sensitive, so I wanted to see if I'd been called out for transgressions. But again, it doesn't matter much. I can't find an applicable quotation from Nietzsche at the moment and perhaps that's also as well

And as Stan Freberg parodying Joe Friday said, "Just the facts ma'am".
Brad, we all get a little sensitive from time to time. The wiser among us will ride it out if they give a damn.
Old 12th February 2013, 07:06 AM   #8397
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post

If TL. Pokes , poke back , but it better be good , he respects that, same as watching JC poke fun with his half answers and claims , he must be chuckling up a storm ...

Hi end instigator ....
Wayne, there's one other thing we should always bear in mind - most of objections to amateur produced circuits is old hat to those in the know. They have pointed that out so many times they probably stopped counting long ago.

On occasion, I've had to press Thorsten really hard to back up his thoughts with a small schematic. I know it's tedious for him, and sometimes I need to remind him that I do not know what he knows, and that a picture is worth 1,000 words. He probably grumbles, but in the end, he never fails to deliver. And then it becomes quite clear to me.

I never counted, but off hand, I'd say I took Thorsten's advice on at least 80% of occasions. And was the better for it.
Old 18th February 2013, 12:44 AM   #8398
Sin Bin

Default Never enuff Power ....!

Dan D'Agostino of Krell: Power Is As Power Does | Stereophile.com

Dan D'Agostino of Krell: Power Is As Power Does Page 2 | Stereophile.com
Old 18th February 2013, 01:19 AM   #8399
Sin Bin

StereoTimes - Event - A Visit to Krell by Steve Ekblad
Old 18th February 2013, 07:51 AM   #8400
diyAudio Member

Thank you for most interesting text you posted, Wayne. Good reading.

Hide this!Advertise here!