Sound Quality Vs. Measurements - Page 59 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th January 2012, 11:00 PM   #581
diyAudio Member

Tvrgeek, it is best not to be so suspicious, until you are a full audio design engineer.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:09 AM   #582
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
That makes sense, keep the feedback. The odd part is the 2.2K is series with the output. It has to be incorrect. I'll try to scan the portion.
Sure, it would be surrealistic to do that.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:10 AM   #583
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
Tvrgeek, it is best not to be so suspicious, until you are a full audio design engineer.
How one can become an audio design engineers not being curious?
Old 6th January 2012, 12:13 AM   #584
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Err ...Suspicious is what JC said, curious us when you pull it apart and can't put it back ..

Old 6th January 2012, 12:15 AM   #585
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

More importantly, who decides when you're a "full audio design engineer"? Can someone be a partial audio design engineer? Or do the rest of us have to continue staring at the ground and drooling?
Old 6th January 2012, 12:17 AM   #586
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
More importantly, who decides when you're a "full audio design engineer"? Can someone be a partial audio design engineer? Or do the rest of us have to continue staring at the ground and drooling?
I suspect that means somebody can do nothing except design audio devices of certain topology.
Old 6th January 2012, 12:19 AM   #587
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

You're an Full Audio Design engineer when stereophile reviews and test your product. Half bake Audio engineers go to that other magazine...

Old 6th January 2012, 01:45 AM   #588
diyAudio Member

The advice I hoped to give was: IF you do not have a whole lot of experience and education concerning what you are concerned about, in this case, audio amps, perhaps you should believe the schematic given to you, UNLESS you can show otherwise. For the record, Wavebourn, I was 9 years old when I was in the 5th grade, and I was still a 'kid'. I did not take algebra until I as in the 9th grade, and I was 13. Do we have a difference in understanding what 5th grade is?
Old 6th January 2012, 02:18 AM   #589
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
The advice I hoped to give was: IF you do not have a whole lot of experience and education concerning what you are concerned about, in this case, audio amps, perhaps you should believe the schematic given to you, UNLESS you can show otherwise. For the record, Wavebourn, I was 9 years old when I was in the 5th grade, and I was still a 'kid'. I did not take algebra until I as in the 9th grade, and I was 13. Do we have a difference in understanding what 5th grade is?
Yes. We did not have Elementary, Middle, and High schools. We did not choose what to take. We had 10 year program, from Monday to Saturday, all lessons compulsory to get so called "Middle" education. We had no "Multiple Choice" exams, all tests and exams required to think and show understanding of material learned. If somebody failed, he/she must stay one more year in the same grade. Pretty tough, huh?

Then, there were available Profesional-Technical schools and technicums that included last 2 grades of the school, plus 3 grades of professional training. Graduates of them were not called Engineers.

For Engineers there were Institutes, each of them had own specific, for example Medical Institute (for MDs), Institute of Electronics (for MS EEs), and so on. Institutes were connected with scientific institutes and industry enterprises, like Institute of Semiconductor Devices, electronics manufacturing plants, and so on.
Also, there were Universities that prepared scientists and professors.

Quite different education.
Old 6th January 2012, 02:39 AM   #590
diyAudio Member

I thought so.

Hide this!Advertise here!