Sound Quality Vs. Measurements - Page 403 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th March 2012, 02:04 PM   #4021
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
Ok , but Italy have Better bikes, cars, clothes and pootang (some may say pastries)
I love Gelato, Limonicello and fresh, raw green olives. And Pizza. And the cakes you get in Italia.

Bikes? Car's? Make mine a BMW M5 please, or a BMW Bike. Clothes, it's the (wo)man that makes the clothes, not the other way around.

Italian girls mostly reminded me of my Irish Catholic Girlfriend. I mean you can take the Girl out of Cork...

Ciao T
Old 27th March 2012, 02:17 PM   #4022
Previously: Kuei Yang Wang

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk7 View Post
What is "kalter hund" ? Sounds dangerous... ;-)
It is "cold dog" and it is extremely dangerous to cholesterol levels, blood sugar and waist lines.

Do not ask me where the name comes from, I have not been able to find it using the all knowing, all seeing eye, "DaGoogle".

You make it by taking a box-tin cake/bread form and several large packages of Leibnitz Butterkeks (Butter Cookies - like english bisquites, but sweet, buttery and tasty, not salty and bland so you must put cheese on top to make them edible - again, these are legalised pot, if you start a pack you must finish and are in danger of buying another one) and a large amount of chocolate (powder is ok) mixed with coconut fat to make a glaze.

You layer chocolate glaze with buttercookies with chocolate glaze with buttercookies until your boxtin is full. Then place in freezer for a few hours, until very cold. Unbox, keep refrigerated and eat in slices. It is a very humble desert, but nevertheless very tasty. Then again, there is "Blaubeertorte mit Sahne"... Also very tasty.

I guess we now can figure where the "Cold" comes from. For the Dog, I suspect this is forever lost in the sands of thyme, just the origin of this most favourite english desert of them all, the spotted dick...

Ciao T
Old 27th March 2012, 02:26 PM   #4023
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk7 View Post
What is "kalter hund" ? Sounds dangerous... ;-)
A stack of thin butter cookies layered with chocolate, it has a poor cousin you might have seen, Kit-Kat. Growing up in an Austrian/German community, I miss the neighborhood bakeries. Denmark does have the bear claw, but I could not find any worthwhile pastries when in Denmark.

Sorry posting at same time.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:08 PM   #4024
diyAudio Member

Well, it seems this thread has gone off the rails from the original post. But, I have to ask and maybee Scott and Thorsten can answer. As a kid, growing up in Bavaria, we had a pastry thing called "Schweinohren". Thin layers of dough, lots of butter. Sort-off looked like a bretzel without holes. Found them in Mexico too. What is the English name? E
PS: Thanks for the memory of the kalter Hund!
Old 27th March 2012, 03:25 PM   #4025
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Pig's ears in the east, orejas in the southwest.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:28 PM   #4026
sonidos is offline sonidos  United States
Libertador de la Música
diyAudio Member

SY,

Have you been sneaking into Pablito's Bakery on your way to work?
Old 27th March 2012, 03:34 PM   #4027
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymoose View Post
Well, it seems this thread has gone off the rails from the original post. But, I have to ask and maybee Scott and Thorsten can answer. As a kid, growing up in Bavaria, we had a pastry thing called "Schweinohren". Thin layers of dough, lots of butter. Sort-off looked like a bretzel without holes. Found them in Mexico too. What is the English name? E
PS: Thanks for the memory of the kalter Hund!
Our local name was elephant's ears, in France palmier. It's also amazing how many cultures have a version of fried dough.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:54 PM   #4028
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorstenL View Post
IMNSHO, it is really the bread and beer in most places, compared to Germany, that really lets them down.
LOL. This remark reminded me of some characters from German movie "Man spricht deutsh" (1988) Anyone seen it?
P.S. Yes, "deutsh", not "deutsch"

Last edited by elektroj; 27th March 2012 at 04:14 PM.
Old 27th March 2012, 03:56 PM   #4029
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonidos View Post
Have you been sneaking into Pablito's Bakery on your way to work?
La Tapatia, right around the corner from Pho King.
Old 27th March 2012, 06:24 PM   #4030
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThorstenL View Post
Hi,

I love Gelato, Limonicello and fresh, raw green olives. And Pizza. And the cakes you get in Italia.

Bikes? Car's? Make mine a BMW M5 please, or a BMW Bike. Clothes, it's the (wo)man that makes the clothes, not the other way around.

Italian girls mostly reminded me of my Irish Catholic Girlfriend. I mean you can take the Girl out of Cork...

Ciao T
BMW ...'s = posers ...

Bike, Recently OK, still prefer Aprilla/Ducati .. Italians make better drivers cars/Bikes, IMRO, pootang too. German cars with the exception of Porsche and Mercedes Black , is like German Audio and football, functionally bland to perfection.

Not a pastry person , I eat , but don't crave ............

Last edited by a.wayne; 27th March 2012 at 06:28 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!