Sound Quality Vs. Measurements - Page 330 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th March 2012, 01:56 AM   #3291
bcarso is offline bcarso  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john curl View Post
I was a personal colleague of Owsley (Bear), up until his recent death (in a road accident). I generated a great many 'breakthroughs' because of Acid.
Actually, what I was most interested in finding is how electricity flows in a wire. I still don't know much.
Ahh, bring up the soundtrack "Kid Charlemagne" which I just heard online the other night. Love that tune, but my favorite from that album is "Don't Take Me Alive", which for my money has the most kickass beginning and subsequent guitar solo in practically all of rock and roll

"I know you're out there With rage in your eyes and your megaphones Saying all is forgiven, Mad Dog surrender..."

Brad
Old 12th March 2012, 02:15 AM   #3292
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarso View Post
<snip>
And again, a very simple and obvious extension to FETs by the authors. But it was enough for USPTO
I also wanted to raise the issue of EE "ethics'", if such thing exists. What drives those people who patent obvious topologies?
$$$ and only $$$?
Funnily, if that topology is US Patent #5,155,449
then what shall we say about this publication in AE 6/99?

Best,

Edit- John Curl gets credited for the other follower in the picture ;-)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bbely.jpg (93.2 KB, 78 views)

Last edited by elektroj; 12th March 2012 at 02:18 AM.
Old 12th March 2012, 02:35 AM   #3293
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroj View Post
I also wanted to raise the issue of EE "ethics'", if such thing exists. What drives those people who patent obvious topologies?
Well, I think many times it's just naivete and failure on the part of the patent attorneys to do an adequate prior art search. Except for outfits like Bos%, who are simply VENAL, bullies, disgraceful.

That B company licensed the use of some of their patents to a headphone company recently. The company improved on the patents. Made headphones.

B company SUED them. And they were lying, prevaricating (sorry redundant I just had to use "prevaricate" ) in court, and suddenly produced as if by magic a lot of "documents". They did lose the case (Hooray!).

Brad
Old 12th March 2012, 02:42 AM   #3294
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Ahh, bring up the soundtrack "Kid Charlemagne" which I just heard online the other night. Love that tune, but my favorite from that album is "Don't Take Me Alive", which for my money has the most kickass beginning and subsequent guitar solo in practically all of rock and roll

"I know you're out there With rage in your eyes and your megaphones Saying all is forgiven, Mad Dog surrender..."

Brad
I have to say it is refreshing and rather amazing that a fair number of us not only took 'cid and presumably other 'delics, but are now willing to admit it!

John C., someday I will have to tell you my story of staying a couple days at a certain inn in Boulder Creek, circa 1969, on my way back down from UC Berkeley, having attended the All-UC Intercampus Festival of the Arts. It didn't ease tensions that my friend J. Gardecki and I were driving a university vehicle with official license plates But I was able to persuade Larry and Jim that we were bona fide, primarily by disclosing secret information. Also I had just gotten a haircut, at the request of a couple for their wedding. Pretty silly pretense!

But I had a wonderful time, and felt at peace for the first time in years.
Old 12th March 2012, 02:55 AM   #3295
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
Sin Bin

So did the hippy culture improve or ruin Hi-Fi .......
Old 12th March 2012, 03:21 AM   #3296
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Yep. This link mentions the date as 1943 Who invented the Mu Follower?

So that must be in Valley and Wallman?

And again, a very simple and obvious extension to FETs by the authors. But it was enough for USPTO

Brad
Haven't found it in Valley and Wallman as yet, but did run across this in a search: http://deepblue.lib.umich.edu/bitstr...31-9-979-1.pdf

References as footnotes! White, US 2,358,428 http://www.google.com/patents?id=Hyt...358428&f=false

Last edited by bcarso; 12th March 2012 at 03:25 AM. Reason: provide link
Old 12th March 2012, 03:23 AM   #3297
diyAudio Member

What do you think a.w?
Old 12th March 2012, 03:28 AM   #3298
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.wayne View Post
So did the hippy culture improve or ruin Hi-Fi .......
Except for a predominant fixation on the second chakra, I think it improved everything Although pinworms and head lice were less than cool (borrowed from Tom Wolfe).

Brad
Old 12th March 2012, 03:30 AM   #3299
diyAudio Member

tvr, I gave you all the information that you need to buy on Amazon the 1970 Motorola 'Semiconductor Data Book'. I gave you price and there is a lot of availability for the LONG FORM version that I recommended to you. $2.00 is the going price. What is the problem?
Old 12th March 2012, 03:33 AM   #3300
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by elektroj View Post
Dear Brad and all,

Speaking of historical accuracy...
I joined this forum in the process of looking for any mention of US Patent 5,155,449 here.
When I first saw it, my jaws dropped. My first reaction was - how dare someone to patent a circuit that I considered to be a "common knowledge" up until that moment. I am sure, I've seen this topology way before 1992.
Anyone care to comment?
White used tubes.

Hide this!Advertise here!