Sound Quality Vs. Measurements - Page 316 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th March 2012, 11:16 PM   #3151
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
...would also require elements to transmute. I'm doubting that.
We did not know then that the device had being designed for Kremlin Elders who had digestive problems, but I believe medical doctors who participated in the project knew that, so any precautions were valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarso View Post
Well if that's an alternate spelling for phosgene, we're back in the transmutation biz again, in this case needing chlorine
Plenty of chlorine acid in the stomach, no?

Last edited by Wavebourn; 6th March 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:26 PM   #3152
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
The 10,000 degree thing as well. If you wanted to resist that temperature (which is way off for a re-entry temperature), you wouldn't even think about a polymer- that exceeds any carbon-carbon bond energy.
We used to certify AD590's for the shuttle program, as silly as it gets, NIST traceable to three triple-points via platinum RTD's with TC's expanded to 5 terms in T. They certainly fail by 200C.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:32 PM   #3153
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Wonder what the tankers were for then? Nasty stuff to have around. Some precursor? Something else totally?
Old 6th March 2012, 11:35 PM   #3154
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
Wonder what the tankers were for then? Nasty stuff to have around. Some precursor? Something else totally?
Yes, I bought some pottery that is made of multiple layers of stainless steel and one layer of porous Titanium.

Edit: Oops, I misunderstood your question, I thought you were asking about alternatives...

Last edited by Wavebourn; 6th March 2012 at 11:56 PM.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:37 PM   #3155
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvrgeek View Post
Could be anything. It's West Virginia, everyone already has extra toes.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:43 PM   #3156
FrankWW is offline FrankWW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pano View Post
As you just said, they is a demand from millions. No cure has been produced. Therefore:
There is demand for something that is not yet produced.
1. There is a demand for, (that is, sales of), treatments and cures that are supplied.

2. There is a desire for treatments and cures that do not exist. But since these things do not exist, there is no demand for, (sales of), them.

3. In the light of 1. and 2. it's possibly reasonable to think a new anti-cancer product will generate demand (sales), if supplied.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:59 PM   #3157
diyAudio Member

I can't reconcile that demand equates to sales. It isn't the traditional economics definition. It can be used that way, I suppose, but requires the explanation.
Old 6th March 2012, 11:59 PM   #3158
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcarso View Post
We rarely had indecent speakers at the astronomy colloquia, although the always-entertaining astrophysicist Virginia Trimble came close at times (I remember one talk where she indicated a portion of a plot and said "and in this region the equation of state goes soft").

We did have one frequent attendee from the math dept. though, name of Alda, who sported mesh dresses and didn't wear undergarments. She sat in the front row, and often the speakers got a bit distracted.
This is worthless without pics .....
Old 7th March 2012, 12:16 AM   #3159
diyAudio Member

Location: Hangzhou - Marco Polo's 'most beautiful city'. 700yrs is a long time though...
Send a message via MSN to abraxalito Send a message via Yahoo to abraxalito Send a message via Skype™ to abraxalito
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvv View Post
Abraxalito has a vision, and I assume he has done, or will have done the solid work.
The work was not really to create the vision, more rather to uncover it. It was a discovery rather than an invention. There's plenty more 'work' to be done but I prefer to call it fun to be had.

Quote:
I know far too little about his type of work to make any meaningful comments.
Yep, but then you rather go on to say that you've been down the road yourself. Which from the way you describe the marketing process it does rather seem that you haven't. You described (not in the post I'm replying to here, but in an earlier one) the traditional marketing 'push' process. I'm relying on marketing pull. Huge difference in approach, chalk vs cheese. The debate over whether supply creates demand or the other way around an important aspect of that difference - highlighted by Wavebourn's mentioning about the Walkman.
Old 7th March 2012, 01:02 AM   #3160
a.wayne is offline a.wayne  United States
diyAudio Member

I know how to get an easy million out of audio ....start with 2 !!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!