Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Chris,

I have no issue with anyone.

And I think that changing your mind is not wrong, on the contrary it is constructive because it means questioning yourself.
What would be sad instead would be changing your mind to always get on the bandwagon of the majority.

I stop here although I thought the topic was interesting because it concerned the audible differences listening to a DAC compared to what can be measured.

Andrea

Hi Chris,

it's a little different.

Please look at the post of syn08, he keeps with personal attack.
Now tell me, should I accept the personal attack and not reply?
And why?

Do you think he is an authority in the audio matter?

If you think so, I'm sorry but I have to disagree.
And if he wanted to be funny guy instead of attacking me, he didn't succeed, the joke was unhappy.

Andrea

In the interest of peace, I propose renaming this thread "the lighting rod".

Please look at the post of syn08, he keeps with personal attack.
Now tell me, should I accept the personal attack and not reply?

It's simple. When civil conversation is unproductive, then one has to either switch to other means of obtaining the desired goal, or simply wonder why the hell one is wasting one's time, and pursue other goals.

Unless you have dox and are willing to use it, there is an ignore button.

but I like to respond to the presumptuous when they attack me personally (insults aside).

If you do something, like respond to the presumptuous, then you get more useless snark and more time wasted.

If you click the ignore button, then you get less of it.

Following the pragmatic, data-driven, engineer approach, this means one way is effective, and the other is not. Being an engineer, I like effective solutions.

Ignore them. Insults say more about the person giving them than the recipient.

The back and forth should happen in PM, not out in the open.

:cop: Moderator hat on.

No better post in this entire thread than this. I think the Mods are going to give this one a little break. There is much to deal with here as this is not what should be happening.

Stay tuned but find other things to do for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.