Sound Quality Vs. Measurements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit: economists obviously keep out of equation the fact that resources when recycled loose their value, and Mother Earth can't replenish them with the speed they anticipate.

My degree is in economical sciences and i can tell you that
mathematical theories are quite relevant but the fact is that
everything that doesnt support the cuurent system of wealth
transfer by predation is systematically diabolized and downplayed.

Didnt people find intelligent a claim as insane that greed would be good ?..

As said , it comes frome nowhere , it s pure book entries , that is
0 and 1 on hard disks...

It is rather belief of people that this 0s and 1s have real value. Like, belief in cables that would make sound better. Remove this belief, and everything collapses.

Didnt people find intelligent a claim as insane that greed would be good ?..

It was not insane. It was working, when greed as the force was driving progress. Like, water is anyway running in rivers, so running through turbines it creates electricity that powers our amplifiers.

Last edited:
Thorsten, this world is no longer ruled by econonmics, it's ruled by out and out greed. Examples are so many, it's hard to pick any one out.

But think of this. We hear day in, day out, how USA has an incredible national debt, how Greece does as well, as do Spain, Portugal, Ireland, etc, etc, etc. Now, when you use "maths" to simply add up all those numbers, you have to ask yourself - if one country borrows, surely it borrows from another country which has a surplus it is willing to lend, right?

But, all those borrowings, when added up, total the world's three year planet Earth production. And since just about everybody owes, one needs to ask: where does all that money come from?

The answer is painfully obious - from national money printers. That "surplus" in effect does not exist.

Which means that you are out of economics and head on into politics; in economics, if you are serious about it, you deal with real resources, not imaginary. In the end, as the theory of accounting dictates, the balance sheet must equal zero, and in our case, it has long stopped being zero. The entire system has been hijacked into imaginary assets and as such, it can no longer be called economics.

A much more appropriate name would be a con.

When has there been no greed, greed drives everything , I'm greedy for more sonics, so satisfy my greed ...More on PSU ........................... !!!! :)

The owners will sort the rest out ..............

When has there been no greed, greed drives everything , I'm greedy for more sonics, so satisfy my greed ...More on PSU ........................... !!!! :)

The owners will sort the rest out ..............

True, greed, avarice, cruetly and such like have been around as long as man has. Most unfortunately, they are a part of our psychological profile, us as a species. The Dark Side Of The Force.

But never before have these traits been given such a free hand. Today, they actually rule this world. There is no more economics on a world level, there is just "investors' confidence", a shady term everybody hides behind. While confidence is the underlying principle of all banking (we trust our banks with our money and that they will pay us the annual interest rate), it has now been upgraded into the one and only leading "principle", the most obvious effect of which is that the financial sector (mostly meaning the wheelers and dealers) actually owns this planet.

Reminds me of the one big sentence in Oliver Stone's "Wall Street" movie, when Hal Halbrook tells his son Charlie Sheen:

"The worst thing about money is that it makes you do things you would otherwise never do."

So we get absurdities by the ton. Nobody is controlling these people. Now we have US investors betting heavily that the euro will fail. They stand to make money out of it, but as far as I know, NOBODY has ever asked a very interesting question: if they suceed, and the euro fails (which won't happen and I'll put money on it), the Eurozone would collapse, and the ripple would produce the biggest economic crisis this world has ever seen. Suddenly, quite a few European countries would be poorer than before. If so, and knowing that around 63% of the total US exports end up in Europe, who would be left who could even afford US products? Who would the US export to, with China, and soon India and Russia, breathing down its neck?

In other words, they are betting heavily against the interests of USA as a nation, and in the short term too, we wouldn't have to wait long for the ripple effects to become tsunamis.

But never before have these traits been given such a free hand.

We can't complain when we reach the logical conclusion of the system that we all supposedly benefitted from during the boom years. Most people (in the West) now think that 'normal' is for an ordinary person to have two new cars, foreign holidays whenever they want, 50 inch television in every room, spend $3300 on some pieces of wire etc. We are just seeing the logical conclusion of that unsustainable system, as it implodes. It was always going to implode.

Now we have US investors betting heavily that the euro will fail. They stand to make money out of it, but as far as I know, NOBODY has ever asked a very interesting question:

I have another question, related to this one. If they win their bet then where does the money come from to pay them their winnings? The people who placed insurance against their Greek bonds going belly up have yet to claim on their CDSs, despite talk being of haircuts in excess of 50%. Anyone ever wondered why?

We can't complain when we reach the logical conclusion of the system that we all supposedly benefitted from during the boom years. Most people (in the West) now think that 'normal' is for an ordinary person to have two new cars, foreign holidays whenever they want, 50 inch television in every room, spend $3300 on some pieces of wire etc. We are just seeing the logical conclusion of that unsustainable system, as it implodes. It was always going to implode.

Precisely!

It's an system of advanced autofellacio for the politicos, borrow and make the voters happy today, and let the next guy worry about debt.

I have another question, related to this one. If they win their bet then where does the money come from to pay them their winnings? The people who placed insurance against their Greek bonds going belly up have yet to claim on their CDSs, despite talk being of haircuts in excess of 50%. Anyone ever wondered why?

That is a most interesting question. I think their play is to bring the euro down. Following this, there will be an interregnum before national currencies can be reinstalled, during which I think thjeir plan is to exchange their bonds and whatnot for actual manufacturing facilities, which will be stumped during that time, not really knowing the price of their own products.

In effect, a way to wihitewash realistically wortheless paper for realistically valuable facilities. Intangible to tangible, probably the dream of every such financier.

Although that doesn't explain exactly what will they do with those facilities if the world market goes to turmoil, as it necessarily must. While they are getting their act together, stable systems, like China, India, Russia et al., will profit heavily simply because they will have their products and prices much better defined.

Think of it - the worst losers of that deal will be the richest and most developed economies, such as US, German, French and others. If Germany revers to the mark, the prices of their products will be so high their current market will shrink by more than 50%, because the Spanish (with their low value peseta), Italians (with their low value lira), etc, will no longer be able to afford good but overexpensive German products. Who will the Germans sell those 2.5 million exported to Europe cars (car exports account for around 46% of Germany's total exports)?

Germany's Opel and Ford are division of USA's GM and Ford respectively; if their European branches start doing badly, they will be extension also start to do badly, and they are in a still very precarious position, so it's not inconcevable to see them being pulled down altogether.

As I see it, it's a lose-lose proposition all around, but it appears those investors have a different point of view. Suddenly radically impoverished markets are not good for trade, as I see it.

Their gain come from other s people losses.

When a bank sell a CDS , that is , someone buy an insurance for
his Greek bonds holdings , the bank will sell short the said bond
i a given proportion that is function (litteraly) of the bond volatility,
to cover herself from the occurence of the risk that is for her
paying the buyer the value he insured.

The more people do CDS the more the bond collapse , anyway.

:cop: Guys, this is verging on rules-breaking. There are a lot of good places on the Internet to discuss politico-economics. This is not one of them.

My fault - I apologize.

So Wayne, what more of the PSU do you want? If you want more, swap the capacitors for still biger ones.

Mind you, there's a limit to what the full wave rectifiers can take as is, at some point you will need to put in bigger ones.

Getting back to SY's idea of using multiple Vrefs to get lower noise, it seems to me there's another way to do this. If the references are connected in parallel, instead of in series, then you get the desired noise reduction even in a voltage regulator with Thorsten's "magic cap" reducing the AC gain to unity.

E.g. The circuit below should be 6dB quieter than if a single reference were used, assuming the opamp and averaging resistors don't add too much noise themselves.

Attachments

• ref.GIF
    ref.GIF
    3.5 KB · Views: 144
Status
Not open for further replies.