Astrology - what a whopping great load of rubbish. - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th September 2003, 06:20 PM   #11
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Damn! I'll probably have to upgrade my freezer, the one in my camper van sounds much cleaner.
Old 10th September 2003, 06:26 PM   #12
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by paulb
Damn! I'll probably have to upgrade my freezer, the one in my camper van sounds much cleaner.
It's the virtues of battery power. You might want to try single-crystal demagnetized copper power cords on your home freezer. I find that changing to them makes the frozen pizza seem more flavorful, more like the real thing. Make sure you try the cable in both directions- this can give night and day differences.
Old 10th September 2003, 06:41 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Default Re: PROPER ASTROLOGY is very much a real, reputable science?

Quote:
Originally posted by paulb
It's pretty easy to find evidence for anything after the fact. The September 11 terrorist attacks were predicted in Revelations, right? Or so I've been told.
I'm still planning to put a picture of my amplifier in the freezer, 'cause it will improve the sound.
Not just a picture of your amplifier, but of yourself as well. If you just use a picture of your amplifier, it will only affect your amplifier. Using pictures of yourself, it will affect every system you listen to. Carol Clark at Audio Musings did this and found that the systems at CES sounded much better, even though they were hundreds of miles away from Carol's freezer.

According to Peter Belt:

To restore a significant temporal (time) symmetry to any person's senses, it is necessary to acquire one photograph which was exposed when the person was young and another photograph exposed when the person was older. Each photograph is placed, individually, into it's own clear plastic bag. The two plastic bags, each containing a spaced time photograph of the same individual, should be placed inside the freezer compartment of the domestic refrigerator. This will create a most unusual beneficial phenomenon. After placing the two separate photographs within the freezer compartment, either live or recorded music should be played within the listening room. A significant improvement to the musical sound should have taken place. Removing the photographs from the freezer compartment should produce an immediate adverse response if the music is played again. Replacing the two photographs within the freezer compartment will immediately restore the beneficial improvement in the sound. It should be noted that it is not necessary for the photographs to reach the low temperature of the freezer compartment. This experiment demonstrates that within the freezer compartment, there exists a high degree of symmetry and that this symmetrical condition is imposed on the temporal asymmetric condition of the two chronologically spaced photographs and is, in turn, imposed on the senses of the human subject of the photographs. It is unfortunate that the vast majority of people, including many who work in science and technology, do not appreciate that a photograph functions within the quantum mechanical world.

se
Old 10th September 2003, 06:50 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Da5id4Vz
Quote:
It is unfortunate that the vast majority of people, including many who work in science and technology, do not appreciate that a photograph functions within the quantum mechanical world.
Yikes! this is scaring me. Enough in fact to make me go do some real work.
Old 10th September 2003, 07:20 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default Some tweaks that might work.

Did you use a JPEG picture? If so, the lossy compression will result in greater SNR. Try using a plain old chemically developed print, the resolution is always better. And use black and white, less colouration that way.

I also suggest disconnecting the freezer's compressor. As everyone knows, any compressor in the signal path will only screw up the headroom inside the enclosure. I mean, how are you going to fill it with Canadian beef if there's not enough headroom. Besides, a compressor is not necessary if you've used the proper cable from the power supply to the temperature transducers.

Also, try tweaking the room. I find that too many basement installations have too much concrete, which cause temperature fluctuation near the door. Is it possible to make a separate room just for it? Levelling the floor might also help keep the sound more airy by minimizing any vibrations resonating into the circuitry.

One other thing. Get a separate freezer. I find that when they are integrated with a refrigeration unit, that they just aren't as effective. Convenient yes, but lacking the real capability to deliver volume when needed.

Good luck. I hope this helps.

:)ensen.
Old 10th September 2003, 07:24 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Quote:
PROPER ASTROLOGY (which is very much a real, reputable science).......
Yeah right, sure thing !.
Astrology ? - Just another fixed belief system.
Peter Belt ? - A public service announcement about the dangers of consuming psychoactive drugs.
Carol Clark ? - A public service announcement about the dangers of sharing psychoactive drugs.

Eric / - I tried putting myself in the freezer but then I couldn't hear the stereo.

See Random BS Text Generator attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip foggy.zip (18.1 KB, 21 views)
Old 10th September 2003, 07:34 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Location: kansas city mo, and on occasion, around the world ...
Default astrology

quite common to denounce whatever when one does not know
how to do the math

math in favor of astrology
<http://www.psicounsel.com/starbaby.html>
Old 10th September 2003, 07:44 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Whether you believe in it or not, the problem with astrology is rooted in chaos.

For me to expect that there is a significant influence on my life from celestial events is like saying there is direct correllation between a mosquito flapping it's wings and the subsequent air currents of a tropical storm on the other side of the planet. Mathematically, there may be a connection, but the influence would be so small and random as to be insignificant.

I read the horoscopes for fun, just as I play the lottery for fun. If it comes true, I chalk it up to odds. At some point, the monkeys will type out the entire works of Shakespeare, but you won't see me betting my life savings on it.

I am willing to bet, however, that DIYers usually don't believe in astrology as that also means that our individual lives are also not DIY

Old 10th September 2003, 07:59 PM   #19
qwad is offline qwad  Australia
diyAudio Member

KYW, er [ THORSTEN] is absolutely right on everey point he makes, because I ALSO HAPPEN TO BELEIVE, as newton discovered , every action has an equal and opposite reaction, so to me it stands to reason that there may have been some influences on me and everyone else at the time of my or their birth my two ex wifes and an ex fianceť star chart and personal characterisrtics bear this out, to me at least though I AM by nature the most sceptical of people, so if I am partially convinced of this, to my logical line of thinking there must be some small grain of truth to it cheers and best regards TC so what happen to the WMD's georgie boy huh?, sorry to hijack the post with this last line but the devil in me made me do it cheers and best regards TC
Old 10th September 2003, 08:03 PM   #20
paulb is offline paulb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Did I hijack this thread or what?
Sorry... Oh, I guess it's back on track again, I didn't read the last few.

Hide this!Advertise here!