The speed of light is NOT constant - Page 53 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2012, 02:21 AM   #521
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
When entanglement collapses information about collapse is recorded.

I like Laszlo's Akashic Field theory and his In-Formation therm, it is different from passive Information.
I think the Akashic record goes back to Mme Blavatski or before.

I like this quote; "The akashic record is like an immense photographic film, registering all the desires and earth experiences of our planet. Those who perceive it will see pictured thereon: The life experiences of every human being since time began, the reactions to experience of the entire animal kingdom, the aggregation of the thought-forms of a karmic nature (based on desire) of every human unit throughout time. Herein lies the great deception of the records. Only a trained occultist can distinguish between actual experience and those astral pictures created by imagination and keen desire."

Sort of like audio design.

Last edited by scott wurcer; 28th February 2012 at 02:30 AM.

Old 28th February 2012, 02:46 AM   #522
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by suntechnik View Post
Nope. Speed of light is constant C.
True in a vacuum. But as you note, not true in a refractive medium. However, the issue was bending of light (or the apparent bending of light) in space, where, as far as I know, it follows the geodesic from the curvature of space caused by (for instance) massive objects. The redshift was a separate issue, but it's still a necessary consequence of c being constant in space.

Is there evidence that gravity is instantaneous? That would certainly violate special relativity, since one could arrange to send a signal faster than c.

Old 28th February 2012, 03:10 AM   #523
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
I think the Akashic record goes back to Mme Blavatski or before.

I like this quote; "The akashic record is like an immense photographic film, registering all the desires and earth experiences of our planet. Those who perceive it will see pictured thereon: The life experiences of every human being since time began, the reactions to experience of the entire animal kingdom, the aggregation of the thought-forms of a karmic nature (based on desire) of every human unit throughout time. Herein lies the great deception of the records. Only a trained occultist can distinguish between actual experience and those astral pictures created by imagination and keen desire."

Sort of like audio design.
He took that ancient Indian name to name the information-energy field he describes in his theory.

Old 28th February 2012, 03:42 AM   #524
benb is offline benb  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SY View Post
Is there evidence that gravity is instantaneous? That would certainly violate special relativity, since one could arrange to send a signal faster than c.
I don't know if there's any evidence either way, but there's LIGO (several Earth installations, and a similar one about to launch into space) which is attempting to answer related questions by detecting gravity waves from various astronomical events.

Old 28th February 2012, 08:52 AM   #525
diyAudio Member

Quote:
When corrected, the neutrinos traveled at.... ta-da... the speed of light.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I understand the "correction" so far is simply applying some math to the error and having the results match with c. I don't know about you folks, but that doesn't satisfy me. A fancy calculator is way cheaper than a supercollider. I'd like some repeatable concrete results, please. I anxiously await the next installment. And thanks for the response, DF96.

Old 28th February 2012, 12:07 PM   #526
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

No, I think they found a dodgy connection. The maths was to predict the likely result of the problem they found. Perhaps they should have paid more money for some fancy cables, then their 'timing' and 'pace' would be better!

Old 28th February 2012, 12:30 PM   #527
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by benb View Post
Loose fiber optic cable adds 60nS to neutrino speed measurement:

BREAKING NEWS: Error Undoes Faster-Than-Light Neutrino Results
BREAKING NEWS: Error Undoes Faster-Than-Light Neutrino Results - ScienceInsider
They have to make up a story like that to save their careers. The followers of Einstein's religion would burn them at the stake.

Relativity skeptics and aether proponents

Schaffner, K

Old 28th February 2012, 01:57 PM   #528
GloBug is offline GloBug  Canada
Banned

Relativity has been proven many, many times with nuclear clocks on airplanes, get with the times.

Nuclear clocks, and all nuclear devices you can thank relativity for.

Talk about crackpots, anybody can toss that junk on a free 50webs server.

Old 28th February 2012, 02:00 PM   #529
godfrey is offline godfrey  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Something doesn't add up here. They say a discrepancy of 60nS was caused by a loose fiber optic connector. I'll grant that a loose connector could change the path length by a couple of mm. However light travels about 18 m in 60nS.

OK, it's slower in cable, but even so , you'd need to get the path length wrong by several meters to account for 60nS.

Old 28th February 2012, 04:08 PM   #530
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by godfrey View Post
Something doesn't add up here. They say a discrepancy of 60nS was caused by a loose fiber optic connector. I'll grant that a loose connector could change the path length by a couple of mm. However light travels about 18 m in 60nS.

OK, it's slower in cable, but even so , you'd need to get the path length wrong by several meters to account for 60nS.
A loose fiber optic connector either does not directly couple the light resulting in greater loss or bounces some of it smearing the impulses. What the result becomes depends on the circuitry that decodes the light.

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!