The speed of light is NOT constant - Page 102 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread

Old 28th June 2012, 07:32 PM   #1011
popilin is offline popilin  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
My obsolete circuits are solid state only.

Most obsolete ones use opamps.

Here is one of variations: a guy designed an amp using my obsolete output stage. You can try it in your hybrid.
LOL.

Ah, Blasphemy! I hate Operational Amplifiers.Click the image to open in full size.
Only use in power supplies.

Your output stage looks nice, I will try a simulation.
Thanks !

Old 28th June 2012, 08:03 PM   #1012
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wavebourn
Deleting duplicate: IP V6 cause worldwide troubles... Looks like Google have some troubles wit it...

Last edited by Wavebourn; 28th June 2012 at 08:06 PM.

Old 28th June 2012, 08:04 PM   #1013
diyAudio Member

You are welcome Popilin; actually it is a complimentary opamp with 100% feedback. Pairs of transistors ad diodes represent LTPs, oher pairs represent current mirrors. Diodes and resistors to ground in tails shorten them for class AB transition while an opposite side still goes in class A. That means, no phase distortions caused by switching off like in traditional class AB amps. Also, it has auto-protection against overcurrent: when load impedance decreases below threshold it gradually goes from voltage follower mode to current limiting mode.
Looks simple, but quite tricky in adjustment, that's why I abandoned it. For high end it is fine since devices can be pre-selected and values of resistors adjusted, but when I designed it I worked on thick film IC (end of 70'th) that as I assumed would be too costly. I was wrong, such high-end ICs could be quite handy.

Old 29th June 2012, 12:56 AM   #1014
diyAudio Member

Thanks again Anatoliy !

Speaking of Apollo missions

- Why did Apollo 13 fail?
- Because Forrest Gump driving.

Old 29th June 2012, 06:56 AM   #1015
diyAudio Member

Today we have a chance to discover if speed of light is constant or not...

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 29th June 2012, 02:03 PM   #1016
diyAudio Member

I did not see any DeLorean, however last night, appeared in the street, a very big guy, naked and very angry.

Looking for clothes, a big motorcycle, and a John...someone.

Not well understood if he spoke English or German...

He went on a bike, still naked and cursing out loud.

Old 29th June 2012, 08:07 PM   #1017
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavebourn View Post
Deleting duplicate: IP V6 cause worldwide troubles... Looks like Google have some troubles wit it...
Yup. Still has some major security issues, but what are ya gonna do? We flat ran out of addresses. Who would have thought every toaster and light bulb would need an address, and who ever thought they would not be on 10-10 subnets? Why do I need to log into a florescent light bulb in a building on the other side of the world to see it is 7% dimmer than it was new?

Old 29th June 2012, 08:17 PM   #1018
tvrgeek is offline tvrgeek  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneutron View Post
We dropped an 11 ton magnet 5 feet to the floor when a sling ripped. The chafing protector was insufficient for the load. Because there were two slings, the overhead crane was tossed a few feet to the side, along with the building.

But nothing like LHC. That accident leapfrogged a 55 ton magnet over another 55 ton magnet. The force of the accident damaged magnets about half a kilometer in each direction IIRC.

I was told of a nitrogen bottle that was pulled into one here, but that was before my time. As was a 500 liter helium dewar.

Nowadays, the worst we've done is toast a coil during test.

jn
When I toured the ALS at UCB they described what would happen if someone left a screwdriver on the floor. It really is hard for us normal people to understand what disproportional force really is all about. I used to complain because my credit cards kept getting degaussed when I worked about large motors. Trivial. To be taken serious. We had issues with cancer from working next to tape degaussiing machines. It seems people don't like strong fields either.

Sure, if you had an old tube tuner, it would work after an EMP. Too bad there would be no power grid or transmitter to use it with.

Old 29th June 2012, 08:19 PM   #1019
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Hurray for the 10.10 subnets!

We (globally) don't know how to manage numbers well, do we?

Old 30th June 2012, 09:51 AM   #1020
diyAudio Member

Accidents with Magnets . I think I said it before . One day when building a gradient coil there was the mother of all explosions so I thought . Lightning had struck the building . In such moments the gigantic structures suggests something like a nuclear power station . It took me a moment to say to myself nothing we had should explode like that . It was fantastic and worth repeating . I was Tesla for a moment .

Closed Thread

Hide this!Advertise here!