More magic stones and hockey pucks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Now also given the thumbs-up by Positive Feedback. I guess they must really work! :nod:

harmonizer

Money for buying such device must be harmonized and broken-in by burying and watering.

tmp552-26.jpg

Ah such skeptics. I can think of ways such a device could actually change your perception of the sound in a given room even if you were not given visual clues or told they were present!

Take a small wood box with outside dimensions of say 7" x 10" x 12" using 1/8" plywood or similar thickness solid wood. On the inside glue a small condenser microphone to one wall, add a very small amplifier and a small speaker glued to an adjacent wall. Be sure to include a volume control to set the gain from almost feeding back to a level about 30 db below that level. Power the whole thing from a 9 volt wall wart.

I'll bet it will make a difference in your final sound field. It is an active resonance. Make a few in different sizes for different frequency ranges and you can liven up a small dead room a wee bit.

Is it worth doing? I don't know I haven't tried it. But active acoustics have been used with great success on a larger scale.

Now is that how this magic box works, I have no idea. So laughing at the idea of a small box or six may not be reasonable. Now laughing at $1100 a box, may be a different matter.

Thanks Simon; I prefer memory foam toppers on walls instead of resonators. With them reproduction sounds more live than "Philharmonic Orchestra in Bathroom".

However, when I was young I dreamed to have cheap audio delay lines to implement "echo generators" containing a mic, delay line, amp, and speaker. However, I don't live in a small room in a student campus anymore, so despite of presence of cheap delay lines I lost interest to the idea.

Now is that how this magic box works, I have no idea. So laughing at the idea of a small box or six may not be reasonable.
"The H2 stimulates the oxygen's molecules in a way that improves its viscosity thus allowing it act much more effectively.The basic principle is similar to a catalyser. Technically it works with capacitively activated crystals. The air molecules inside of the listening room are jogged through the loudspeaker and thus transmit the sound information. In order to elongate the air molecules from their rest position it is necessary to spend energy first. It is much easier to move them if once moving. This phenomenon is similar to static and dynamic friction. To force a heavy piece of rock to move is not an easy task. But if it is once moving it can be much easier shifted further. The Steinmusic Harmonizer is working very similar, but rather at a level of ethereal states...."

OK, now you can laugh. There's nothing so stupid that you can't find someone gullible enough to believe it.

"The H2 stimulates the oxygen's molecules in a way that improves its viscosity thus allowing it act much more effectively.The basic principle is similar to a catalyser. Technically it works with capacitively activated crystals. The air molecules inside of the listening room are jogged through the loudspeaker and thus transmit the sound information. In order to elongate the air molecules from their rest position it is necessary to spend energy first. It is much easier to move them if once moving. This phenomenon is similar to static and dynamic friction. To force a heavy piece of rock to move is not an easy task. But if it is once moving it can be much easier shifted further. The Steinmusic Harmonizer is working very similar, but rather at a level of ethereal states...."

OK, now you can laugh. There's nothing so stupid that you can't find someone gullible enough to believe it.

Only after you try it. I have run into too many obviously stupid ideas that although the explanation was "Genuine Audiophile Quality" or "CD like Perfection" the actual issue being observed was genuine! It was just the explanation that was nonsense. Of course trying them is low on my list of life priorities!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.