Value of original '69 Woodstock program?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
JMFahey said:
What does "Original ... Copy" mean ????
It means THE ORIGINAL SONGS.... No digital crap!!!!!

ALL ANALOG -- ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! (Listening to it now)

I also have the 2 VHS tapes of this concert! (Also 100% analog)

There is advantages over both!!! --- Some songs on the record ARE NOT ON THE TAPE (And vise versa) and with the tape you can actually see the singers,etc......

Having both in 100% analogue IS COMPLETE PURE GOLD!!!!!!! :)

^ ^ ^
Great Video.:)

Dick Cavett also had some performers who were actually at the concert on his show shortly after the concert.
His show was out of NY city I believe which is a relatively short hop from the concert and, at time, had the nearest international airport.

BTW, I was living in Nashville TN back in 1967 and there was a R&R radio DJ who sounded exactly like Dick Cavett who called himself "Captain Midnight" .
I have always wondered if it was indeed Dick Cavett..

Last edited:
Does anyone know the value of the original 1969 Woodstock program that was handed out at the the site?
Thanks . .

The original program is the topic of this thread.
There is only one "original" and there are identifiable differences in the composition between the original and the later copies which are worthless.

BTW only a few were actually handed out at the concert and most all of those of those were destroyed before the concert ended due to the conditions at the site.

The majority of those printed that were never handed out were plowed under with the rest of the garbage during the initial site clean up.. This is what makes them so rare.

As far as value........ like anything else, it's what someone will pay for it.
IMO, one in good condition should fetch at least $100 . :)

Last edited:
JoeDJ said:
The original program is the topic of this thread.
There is only one "original" and there are identifiable differences in the composition between the original and the later copies which are worthless.
Yes... In my opinion the later ones which were DIGITALLY ALTERED ARE COMPLETE TRASH!!!!!!!!

Its not easy finding an original 3 RECORD/2 VHS tape set of this (Especially the tapes) .... I am grateful to have found both!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JoeDJ
The original program is the topic of this thread. :rolleyes:

Yes... In my opinion the later ones which were DIGITALLY ALTERED ARE COMPLETE TRASH!!!!!!!!

Its not easy finding an original 3 RECORD/2 VHS tape set of this (Especially the tapes) .... I am grateful to have found both!!

Huh????

We are talking (printed paper) programs here.

By digitally altered you mean a scanned and Photoshopped copy? :confused:

Interested in selling program?

Thanks for the info.
Yes, the programs that I have I picked up myself during the festival. But at a hundred bucks, looks like I'll hold on to them a little longer.

Thanks again . . .

Would you be willing to sell one of those programs? I've always wanted one. I thought I was buying an original a few years ago off Ebay but it was a reprint - at least I didn't pay too much for it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.