diyAudio is laid out so well

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to say that this site is one of the best set-up information exchanges I've ever seen in my limited web experience.

You see, I was just over at www.hometheaterforum.com to check it out and maybe sign up. The first thing that struck me is how difficult it is for a newbie to find anything basic on their opening pages. The site layout there is as busy as the controls on the front of a typical HT receiver.

Coming back here to www.diyaudio.com proved that there is a much less busy appearance here and thus a more comfortable feel. Maybe it's the philosophical difference between consumer equipment and audiophile components - that less is more.

Anyway, since I didn't sign up, I will not comment on how the well the HTforum works or if the learning exchange there is as good.

And I'd still like to sign up. Any advice from other HTF members?

:)ensen.

I would say that diyaudio.com is rather "normal" and the http://www.hometheaterforum.com/ is "unnormal", quite confusing.

DiyAudio is an excellent place. Many people here with great _real_knowledge. Also, newbies dare to ask because everyone has nice manners.

I think in fact diyaudio is best in the world(*) if you combine user interface with the members.

*) Anyone that can prove me wrong?

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
I agree, the site is very nicely laid out, and even Luddites like myself can cope. I fled from the Audio Asylum partly because of the poor layout, but also because there is a stronger knowledge base here. (Oh, and as peranders says, better behaviour.)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.