Anyone Wanna DIY an Invisibility Cloke? Advances in Electronics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
Interesting advance in electronics design. It will have an impact on high speed communications - bunches of stuff!!!!

"Achieving such localized surface plasmon resonance in a semiconductor is predicted by Berkeley Lab enable electronic interconnects where signals are sped up to the speed of light, on-chip lenses for lasers and sensors, a new generation of super-efficient plasmonic light-emitting diodes (LEDs), a new generation of supersensitive chemical and biological detectors, as well as metamaterials that can bend light around object to create an invisibility cloak."

Quantum dots enable plasmonic semiconductors

Man - the ideas that come to mind - like being able to actually sneak into da girls shower room and not get caught!!! :rolleyes:

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
ike being able to actually sneak into da girls shower room and not get caught

That's an OLD fantasy. You do that now in Internet - web cams everywhere. Actually, it was much better when it was only a fantasy. All that fat and floppy tits. Horrible tattoos too. Welcome to the modern times. Yuk. :dead: Much better to imagine than to see what's hidden under those clothes.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
OK - skip the locker room stuff - as you pointed out -plenty of that stuff on the net anyway - just check out my space etc.

Now to the real stuff - cloaking aircraft and tanks - that's where some of that stuff is headed. The increase in communications and computational speed is stunning as well.

As far as audio goes - if they could get the metal stuff to actually move a little bit it might make for some interesting speaker drivers.

Then there is the increased output power of LED's - and efficiency increase of solar panels!!! Wow - lot's of stuff there and the technology looks to be fairly near term.

Disabled Account
Joined 2004
Is this a reference to the How better is a Turntable compared to a CD thread, Jacco? IMO, it should be nominee to the dumbest thread of the year. A lot of people trying to convince each other about what they should like best. As funny as trying to explain the blind how they should see. LOL. Oh, and all this amidst very serious words and attitudes. Since some mods are involved in that discussion, this piece of criticism is in great danger of being censored. I know that. Maybe it's high time to use the technology to cloak these words.

- cloaking aircraft and tanks -

If you cant' see the enemy you'll start to believe you are being punished by the gods. Maybe it's a good idea. You can't fight the gods, can you?

Last edited:

Merely amusing at times, both the posts of the Holistics, as the retributions of the Scientoids.
The craving for academic/scientific reasoning, standards and results, often is the most fun on a DIY, mainly amateur orientated, forum.
My attitude is in-line with something Guido Tent once said, it's all just an illusion (Ta Da Da).
I've stripped plastic foil off lytics since the late '80s, Assume to Think i had Experienced Impressions of hearing differences in different resistor brands.
Try to understand the best, accept the rest, all else is bullocks anyway.

Thing to keep in mind is that this place also serves as a leisure day center, though few will have the honesty to admit it, and threads with no end serve the main purpose ideally.
The occasional verbal abuse outbursts can be rather embarrassing, you'd guesstimate those serve as some sort of countering effect for not being such a happy camper in the real deal.

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2004
it's all just an illusion

More often a disillusion by what I read here. Few people seem to be happy with what they have.

Thing to keep in mind is that this place also serves as a leisure day center, though few will have the honesty to admit it, and threads with no end serve the main purpose ideally.

Well, all fine and dandy as long as is entertaining. My illusion maker (amazing amp) is VERY entertaining, those threads are not. Building stuff, photos of your work, fixing and improving your gear... all that makes sense; endless debates that won't go anywhere and serve no purpose don't. And if nothing keeps your interest there's always the lounge. :D

Ahhh to each his own.... if that's their way of having fun. What can I say... better not say anything at all.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.