How do I switch on incoming email for my acct? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd August 2003, 10:44 AM   #1
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member

Default How do I switch on incoming email for my acct?

Dear all,

Really sorry if this is a FAQ, or if this is the wrong place to post this query, but I couldn't see any other place to send such help-needed messages to.

I want other members to send email to me. And I want all posts that I make to carry the "email" button below them. (The two are related, I guess.) I just cannot figure out how to enable this for my account. I'll list the things I've tried:

1. I read the FAQ. I discovered there that Private Messaging is not the same as what I want.

2. I went into my Control Panel and edited my profile and my account options. I couldn't find any option which enables/disables incoming email to my account. I enabled Private Messaging. Still no luck.

Please can someone help? Just tell me where the proper procedure is listed, and I'll go read it. The FAQ tells you how to send email to another member, and says that this may not work for all members, if some of them have disabled their incoming email facility. But it doesn't tell me how to enable it.

Sorry if this is a newbie question; tell me what's the right place for such posts, and I'll try there. Don't want to test anyone's patience.

Thanks and regards,
Tarun
Old 2nd August 2003, 10:49 AM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

Did you get my email about this?
Rick: Oh Cliff / Sometimes it must be difficult not to feel as if / You really are a cliff / when fascists keep trying to push you over it! / Are they the lemmings / Or are you, Cliff? / Or are you Cliff?
Old 2nd August 2003, 12:11 PM   #3
tcpip is offline tcpip  India
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by pinkmouse
Did you get my email about this?
Yes!!! (furious punching upwards with fist in the air)

YESSSS!!! (even more furious gesticulations).

You guys are so good, you don't even flame me for asking newbie questions. You'll actually encourage guys like me some day.

Thanks a million. Not only did it work, you replied very promptly.

regards,
Tarun

Hide this!Advertise here!