Lessloss Blackbody - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th February 2011, 11:08 AM   #11
DF96 is offline DF96  England
diyAudio Member

SF is a literary genre, where for the purposes of entertainment people are temporarily willing to partially suspend disbelief in vaguely reasonable extrapolations of known science. The best SF, in my opinion, does not extrapolate too far.

Buying fancy cables requires, for the purposes of entertainment, a permanent willingness to fully suspend disbelief in either unreasonable extrapolations of known science or carefully written spoof versions of known science.

They both take money off you in order to provide entertainment. In the case of SF you generally get what you pay for.
Old 17th February 2011, 12:36 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Not so different...SF lets us explore an alternate reality where the scientific principles are bent to a greater or lesser degree in an imaginary world that entertains. Cables such as these use imaginary "scientific" phenomena to produce imaginary benefits that entertain. Biggest difference is that SF entertainment is usually inexpensive while audio-tweako entertainment is almost always curiously expensive...as though the money was the only thing real in the equation!
Old 17th February 2011, 12:39 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to kavermei
The difference is, most SF fans realize that SF works are fictitious.
Old 17th February 2011, 04:39 PM   #14
Cassiel is offline Cassiel  Libya
diyAudio Member

Wow! I read with astonishment how these dimwits, money grabbers are stepping up to SF creators territory. Respect. NOT!

There's good and bad science fiction, fancy cables advertising is....can't go on .....this is too silly.
Old 7th November 2012, 05:12 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Default Lithuanian company - Blackbody

It is clear that the scientific sounding words are either marketing-speak or the product designer is trying to explain something that he doesn't understand but only intuits and is using pseudo-science "poetry" embarrassing as it is.

It is not a slam dunk that this product is bogus. 6moons gave it a positive review as did dagogo.

This Lituanian company puts out allegedly very reputable products, DAC 2004 MkII, cables, etc. It doesn't make sense to put out a whack-o product to tarnish their reputation.

In short, because this product is so woooo-woooo, any dealer (of which there are none -- direct ship from factory in Lituania) should allow an in-home trial.
Old 27th December 2012, 07:41 PM   #16
diyAudio Member

Did some mindless wandering of the web and stubled upon a very positive review of their power cables... It seems lessloss has put some serious effort into creating fake audio web sites they can put their forged reviews in. Either that or some reviewers are really effing stupid or does simply take bribes. I call bogus on everyone that does not call bogus on lessloss.
Only thing about this that makes me happy is that this thread already exists, I came here to start one ;-)
Old 28th December 2012, 09:48 PM   #17
M Gregg is offline M Gregg  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Its obvious,

If you put something heavy on your equipment stand its going to have an effect..perhaps they should have tried a couple of house bricks painted black with sorbothane pads on the bottom for a comparison..then some engineering blue bricks..for a comparison...

Regards
M. Gregg
Old 28th December 2012, 10:35 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Well at the level of desillusion the reviewers are they could just as well omit the entire audio setup and just listen to the blackbody stand-alone... ;-)

Hide this!Advertise here!