The food thread

Titanium Silicate? non-stick pans.

I tried one of these and was pleasantly surprised. The adds are not clear as to what exactly the composition is but it behaves like a vitreous enamel that basically nothing sticks to. I know Corning (business now sold to a German firm) sells this for light weight astronomical optics but here it seems too good to be true (750F does not kill it). BTW the amateur telescope making community went bonkers when Corning stopped making mirror blanks.

duck

My midwinter duckstravaganza :D Peking duck, Crispy duck, Roast duck, Smoked duck. All cooked simultaneously over 12 hrs. (Peking duck takes 10hrs)

And my favorite new toy being attacked by an abominable snow beast.

Attachments

• DSCF4115.JPG
    DSCF4115.JPG
    226.9 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCF4117.JPG
    DSCF4117.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCF4121.JPG
    DSCF4121.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF4127.JPG
    DSCF4127.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 164
So
Flank steak, pasta (of course) and what I what I like to call a "Bob Salad".
Butter letuice, Little green onion, Artichoke hearts, and high grade tomatoes.
The dressing is of course ---Blue Chese--- I understand that there are some people who dont like Blue Chese but they just dont know anything.:confused:
Yes I know that I don't spell well, I just eat well. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 145
Picture isn't as good as it should, but food is!

On the right hand, mushrooms filled with chopped garlic, onions, spanish ham and the inside part of the mushrooms themselves.

On the left hand, same ingredients, different procedure. Sliced mushrooms fried with chopped onions, garlic and spanish ham. Yum yum!!

Attachments

• IMAG0823.jpg
    IMAG0823.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 61
I will assume that you guys understand the meaning of March 14 to the men in this world. If not please look it up. I had the pleasure of experiencing the best "Valentines for guy's day" of my life.

I will tell you about the food part.

Steak done nice and rare with the bottom of the mushrooms for a sauce. Fried asparagus and stuffed potatoes with shrimp, smoked salmon and the mushroom caps. Lobster done in a salt and chili boil.

What an excellent start to the evening.

My knees are still a little weak :)

Attachments

• DSC00349.jpg
    DSC00349.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 45
Last edited: