The food thread

As for undercooked fish, went to a place called Shuck last week, as well as oysters (I ate one, but know I can't eat more) they have a "raw bar", where they serve a couple of kinds of tuna, salmon, halibut, etc all raw but artfully prepared. I particularly enjoyed some Mahone Bay scallop ceviche with coconut-blueberry sauce.

Nothing at all wrong with well prepared sashimi I've had scallop (hotate) many times.

SY & Nezbleu, thank you for your hints and links. I will try it again.:cool:

Late night dinner yesterday, really late, so i turned on my stereo, catched a few of my Funk records, cranked the volume up, opened a nice bottle Haut Medoc 2005 while i was waiting for the roastbeef in the oven and spent a happy time with my wife.

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    769.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 92
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    473.1 KB · Views: 85
As for undercooked fish, went to a place called Shuck

Thats something i miss here sometimes , a variety of fresh seafood.
We can get it in a very few shops with price tags for millionaires, in the restaurants the prices are astronomic therefore.
Oysters are usually not so much my taste, but in the winter there was a street shop on the market, he sold some wild ones from Scotland, they meet my taste specs perfectly, for only 5 bucks per piece:eek:

Moules and Trouth are available at normal prices and for ceviche we can take cheap Pangasius from Vietnam, this way prepared its really fantastic good, the recipe is from a Chilena, she will teach me in the next few weeks.

Pork Butt is on the smoker.

We had Chicken Schnitzel with zucchini casserole, fresh pesto and bread for dinner. My son who spent six years in Germany said the Schnitzel would rate an 8 out of 10. It would have rated a 10 if I had done a mushroom gravy to go with it. I'll make gravy to try with the leftovers Monday for lunch.

Time to relax and have a wee dram before watching "The Revenant".

Attachments

• DSCN2806.jpg
    DSCN2806.jpg
    710.4 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN2808.jpg
    DSCN2808.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 41
  • DSCN2810.jpg
    DSCN2810.jpg
    965.8 KB · Views: 50
  • DSCN2811.jpg
    DSCN2811.jpg
    985 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN2812.jpg
    DSCN2812.jpg
    821.5 KB · Views: 43
Yesterday I harvested some garlic scapes from our garden and made scape pesto (with toasted pine nuts, parmesan, lemon juice, and olive oil). Served that tossed with farfalle pasta. Also marinated some cremini mushrooms in oil and a little balsamic, then grilled them. Marinated chicken breasts in chopped fresh herbs from the garden (thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary), garlic, salt, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, and olive oil, then grilled on the BBQ. With a salad made a very nice meal, washed down with some Portuguese vinho tinto.