The food thread

Good choice. Cooking smoked salmon ruins it.

+2, its already cooked. Salmon cooks very quicky and its very easy to dry it out. I do it grilled or on a plank, mmm. Amoked is nice too. Im having kipper snacks in hot pepper sauce. Not salmon but still quite tasty.

One trick to getting sauce to stick on any pasta is by not rinsing the starch off it. Many people rinse their pasta. One reason is to stop it from cooking but there are other ways to do that.

+2, its already cooked. Salmon cooks very quicky and its very easy to dry it out. I do it grilled or on a plank, mmm. Amoked is nice too. Im having kipper snacks in hot pepper sauce. Not salmon but still quite tasty.

One trick to getting sauce to stick on any pasta is by not rinsing the starch off it. Many people rinse their pasta. One reason is to stop it from cooking but there are other ways to do that.
I like the recipies where instead
of cooking the pasta seperately (from the sauce)
The whole shebang cooks together :)

I like the recipies where instead
of cooking the pasta seperately (from the sauce)
The whole shebang cooks together :)

I cook them separate, saute everything up add it to the sauce and let it stew and blend then add my boiled pasta and let it cook in a bit further. Thats amazing when your adding mushrooms, its like a flavor punch in the face, saute the shrooms first. Sometimes Ill top the pasta with it all later it just looks better for presentation if your trying to impress someone. Most normal folks just mix it all in together when they get it plated anyway. But that way is pretty good when theres tons of ground beef I like to scoop it up with a nice piece of bread.

My fav spaghetti for week days, not exactly cheap at $2.5/lb wholesale in 6.5lb bags, but spanks most of the local available fresh varieties imo =>

They're indeed very good. Among the big commercial brands, I've always liked De Cecco marginally better, but that's down to a matter of preferences.

Funny though... it was much easier to find a wide variety of Italian brands/products in a small Belgian town than it is in Paris (unless you're willing to spend a fortune).

So similar to seasoned Nori squares? It's where the packaging outweighs the product by 4 to 1?

Must be more than that. I wrapped those little triangles of laughing cow cheese in them last weekend when I could find nothing else around, not bad. The cheese is here for the grandchildren's visits.

I like the kale chips a lot, replacing the water with beer is an interesting concept. :)

What does a boat GPS cost these days? Garmins cheapest certified for aviation is 10K much less for a handheld and most everyone actually uses an Ipad just not legally.

Lost my Pasta Queen in a move in 97. I need to get one again.

We paid less than $800 for a USB Garmin that used a DVD of local charts (Delorme HQ is less than 10 mi from my place in ME). This setup was pretty good.