Patenting by the diyaudio.com? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Member Areas > The Lounge

The Lounge A place to talk about almost anything but politics and religion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st January 2011, 07:17 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Jones View Post
I fought a patent suit that had no merit for a year. I had the stone proof of prior art, and I had the inventor of the prior art on retainer to testify.

Same here, someone was actually granted a patent on the current feedback amplifier in 1998 and sued the entire IC industry (the examiner is well known as bad). We had to spend a fortune of wasted time on this.
Old 21st January 2011, 07:34 PM   #32
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

My Third Law.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/members/theeyelady.html
Old 21st January 2011, 07:37 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott wurcer View Post
Same here, someone was actually granted a patent on the current feedback amplifier in 1998 and sued the entire IC industry (the examiner is well known as bad). We had to spend a fortune of wasted time on this.
Any chance to patent the wheel (or hot water for what it matters)? ;-)
Scott, can you please elaborate a little bit your statement.
IIRC Comlinear patented the current feedback amplifier in early '80
Old 21st January 2011, 08:57 PM   #34
gpapag is offline gpapag  Greece
diyAudio Member

Quote:
My Third Law.
Does this link you provided lead to a postulate or to some Lady's Eyes picture (something that I would regard as the visualisation of a postulate's definition)?

Because I can see neither of them.

Am I that dump?
Old 21st January 2011, 09:08 PM   #35
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

No, it's that my wife (The Eye Lady) is that smart.
Old 21st January 2011, 09:50 PM   #36
diyAudio Member

Quote:
No, it's that my wife (The Eye Lady) is that smart.
Oh, I (don't) see.

Third Law provides an absolute reference point for the determination of entropy.

You have been warned
Old 22nd January 2011, 02:35 PM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpapag View Post
Everything started in the wrong way.
In any case, if such a vital system does not function as intended, it has to be either repaired or replaced. *(PS 2)
It is to well entrenched for that to happen anytime soon.

Since its not going away, perhaps you had in mind something of a patent pool as a collective pre-emptive strike, similar to, say, the OIN?
Old 22nd January 2011, 03:50 PM   #38
diyAudio Member

Quote:
… something of a patent pool as a collective pre-emptive strike, similar to, say, the OIN?
Jacques Merde

Thank you very much for providing this information.
I wasn’t aware of OIN Open Invention Network, but from what I read on their site (the highlighted part of the quoted text), I think that these people have spotted the (now) systemic deficiencies of the patent system, have acknowledged the halt to productivity that these cause and using their thinking and their experience, improvised a very efficient way to “cross-link this labyrinth”

Quote:
…Central to the achievement of his goals is the acquisition and transfer of patent rights designed to permit members of the Linux ecosystem to operate free of the threat of assertion and litigation from those whose business models are antithetical to innovation and global economic growth in information technology and computing.
Prior to joining the Open Invention Network®, Mr. Bergelt served as president and CEO of two Hedge Funds – Paradox Capital and IPI – formed to unlock the considerable asset value of patents, trademarks and copyrights in middle market companies. Paradox and IPI were the first Funds of their kind to offer specialty lending products supported exclusively by intellectual property. Driven by Mr. Bergelt's creativity and entrepreneurial approach, these funds enabled the emergence of patents, trademarks and copyrights as a viable source of collateral in asset-based loans, forever reshaping the emerging IP Finance landscape….
As for what I had in my (naïve) mind excluding the writing in post #1, is not important at least at this stage.

Again, thank you very much for providing this positive information.

Regards
George
Old 24th January 2011, 01:07 PM   #39
diyAudio Member

Check out the audio patents here:
tube patents

Last edited by 7n7is; 24th January 2011 at 01:09 PM.
Old 24th January 2011, 01:26 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diy_audio_fo View Post
Any chance to patent the wheel (or hot water for what it matters)? ;-)
Scott, can you please elaborate a little bit your statement.
IIRC Comlinear patented the current feedback amplifier in early '80
No elaboration necessary, bad examiner misses it, patent issued, invalidating an issued patent costs from $1-4 million in legal fees. In Texas you dress up your inventor as a poor victim and chances are the jury has no clue at all what anyone is talking about. Ask SY.

Yes the main claims read directly onto the basic CF op-amp.

Last edited by scott wurcer; 24th January 2011 at 01:29 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!