Anyone here near Bellvue?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm currently in negotiations with a company in Bellvue WA, who are looking to employ me :) As such if all goes well, I may be emigrating to the States. I was just curious if anyone here is close by!

Sadly my parts collection would all have to be sold/disposed of - it'd cost way too much to ship it, and customs would probably get excited about it...

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hello jaycee - Indeed we have quite a few our audio brethren that live in the Seattle area. I'm sure that they will be chiming in to get in touch with you shortly.

Now - for a few pounds sterling I could be tempted to tell you which one's to run away from. :eek: :D:D:D

Thomas,- the Latter. JayCee, I have been working in the bellevue area for a long time and have how you say "gotten around". The employment climate is not so bad. There are some good places to work. Can I attempt to answer questions about specific companies, or the regon? If you would like, sent a PM for questions that require discretion.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Bellevue, Washington - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In 2008, Bellevue was named number 1 in CNNMoney's list of the best places to live and launch a business.[10] More recently, Bellevue was ranked as the 4th best place to live in America.[11] The name "Bellevue" is French for "beautiful view".[12]

The standard morning talk goes something like - nice weather today - anyone know how Rainier is doing??? Mount Rainier - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

WARNING - The Seattle WA. area is thought to be high on the list of 1st cities to be targeted by invasion from Canada. Sources inform us that many of the insurgents can be seen sporting baseball caps and t-shirts with the Maple Leaf emblem and wearing knee pants and flip-flops due to the warm climate. Their aim is to take over the USA so they can watch the hockey play-offs while chugging cold ale in the warmer climes of the us - Florida is high of their list. It is rumored that one agent is on a scouting trip to the islands south of Florida as I write this.

When considering comunities to live in while working in Bellevue. Chose something close to work. Traffic is not pretty. Try Redmond, Kirkland, and Bellevue proper. Amoung my peers that have been here to whitness the growth of Bellevue, we have a nick name.
"Fat City", refering to the cost of living and abudnce of money in general.
Then there is Mercer Island "poverty rock". Beautiful but expensive. Forget about Kent, and even Renton, unless you want to comute > 1 hour each way.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.